16. Love Jitters

16. Love Jitters

“Maybe it’s the way he walked straight into my heart and stole it.” One Direction

Lena Rose Winter

I laid my head against the cold, hard metal that consisted of my locker. I felt my eyes close, as I melted into Ed Sheeran's raspy voice in Give Me Love. It felt as of I was in a different world. I felt peaceful, considering that it was lunch time and I still had an hour in ahead of me.

I had eaten, then excused myself from Liam's company with the excuse that I had some "homework" to do. Frankly, I just wanted a little time to myself.

"Oi, why are you sitting in front of your locker being all depressed?" said a voice that could only belong to Victoria. I opened my eyes, only to see her sitting beside me. Her face softened when she saw my expression. I took off one earphone, to hear her better.

"What's wrong, babe?" I smiled a little, I always loved it when she called me "babe", and it was cute, unlike the way Mark used to say it.

I trailed off, not knowing exactly how to explain anything: "Well..."

"Can I guess?"

I shrugged, highly doubting her knowing what was on my mind."Sure.”

"You really want Liam to ask you to the dance, but he's not doing anything," said Tori, stroking her invisible beard. My eyes widened.

How could she do that? I hadn’t mentioned anything to any one.

She grinned mischievously, and then held one finger up. "Wait, I'm not done. You're in love with Liam, but you don't want to confess anything," She finished in a singsong voice. I snuck a peek at her, frowning when I saw her eyebrows wiggling suggestively.

“I do not like him.”

Tori raised an eyebrow. “And you’re worried about his grandma and you want to take his mind off things.”

I didn’t answer, because it seemed as if this was the only piece of truth she’d said so far.

Tori's expression only got worse. Then, she poked me. She perfectly poked my bellybutton.

Coincidence? I think not. I ignored her, replacing both of my earphones in place.

Poke.

I squirmed a little.

Poke, bellybutton poke.

I let out a small squeak.

"No, I just want to hold you.

Give a little time to me, to burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek, to turn this around,"

Tori started fully tickling me. She giggled as she achieved a series of shrieks out of me. My legs started kicking the air, and I felt as if I was being tortured.

By now, she had finished killing me."Hide and seek, my arse."

I felt my smile turn upside down.

No one gets away with insulting Edward Christopher Sheeran.

"Hey! He's beautiful and perfect okay! You ruined my mood," I exclaimed, retrieving my I-pod from her hands.

"Your mood wouldn't be ruined if you asked Liam to the dance,"

I re-crossed my arms."No, I most certainly will not ask him to the dance.”

"You know you want to."