Chapter Thirteen: Monster Therapy and awkward silence

Start from the beginning

"Did, wait what do you know?" I asked Devin as he told me that frank told him every single thing, even about me trying to find my mom's killers. I'm going to kill frank.

"You, You really shouldn't know that." I stated as I got up from where I was sitting and started passing back and forth. This isn't good, a lot of things could happen with him knowing.

"Why is that?" Devin asked as he stood up too.

"Because now that you know, a lot of bad things could happen. The killers are gaining on me again, it matter of time before they get clos and they'll kill you too. I don't care about me. I care about my friends, About you. I can't, I can't have my friends blood on my hands. I mean I already told kami,-" I was interrupted by Devin grabbing my cheeks and looking at me.

"Stop being paranoid Alex. Trust me, we will be fine. And remember this, if someone kills me or anybody else, its not because of you, okay? its not." Devin said looking into my eyes. I slowly nodded my head and hugged him. He was startled at first but then he hugged me back. "Come on lets get out of here, plus everyone has a surprise for you." Devin said as I looked up him in surprise.

"Wait, you've just been stalling me haven't you?" I said questioning Devin.

"Yep." With that we got in his car and drove home.

***

I had fallen asleep once we got in the car. But I was woken up by a car honk, must of been Devin's driving, shocker, not. I stayed in the same position I was in sleeping and just looked out of the window. Devin had some music playing, but I couldn't recognize what song it was. After a few minutes Devin pulled in the drive way.

There was a 1997 black jeep in the driveway. I gave a confused look to Devin, wondering who is over. "That's the surprise." Devin said, pointing over to the jeep.

"What do you mean?" I asked as Devin's parents came out of their garage.

"What I mean is that this is your new car. My parents felt bad happen with your jeep and how you totaled it, well frank, but yeah, say hi to your new baby." Devin said as I got out of his car and looked at the jeep a little bit more.

"I know its a fixer upper, but we know you could make it your own." Debra said walking over to me.

"Oh my god," I whispered to her. "You guys really didn't have to do this." I said hugging her. I couldn't believe they went out and bought me a car, this is surreal.

***

Devin's Pov

Alex has been outside trying to fix the jeep my parents got her. It's keeping her busy, I think that's why they got her a run down jeep. To keep her mind off things and to keep her busy. I didn't think a girl could work in a garage, until I saw Alex working on the jeep. She sure is good a proving people wrong.

"So have you made your move yet." Some said scaring the shit out of me. I looked to the side of me and saw my mom grinning.

"No." I whispered as she looked at me. "Alex doesn't like me like that any how." I stated to her. All of a sudden my mom slapped me upside the head. "Ow mom" I said I rubbed the back of my head.

"You're stupid." And with that she walked away from me. Jeez, what a lovely mother I have. I shook my head and walked outside to see how Alex was doing.

"He-" I was about to say before I heard I an scream and an engine start. Alex came running and saw m and jumped at me, giving me a kola hug. God this girl is going to make me crazy.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I was just happy." Alex said as reality came back to her. I couldn't help but smile at her. She was still wrapped around me as I chuckled.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked her as she just shook her head ad smiled. God what is with this girl, she's messing up all my feelings. I swear I was going to be the player I am for the rest of this year and so forth, but Alex makes me want to settle down and be with her.

"I, just nothing." She laughed as she jumped off of me and went back over to her new car. "I got the engine working." She smile, making her eyes light up. Maybe she wasn't the old Alex, but there were parts of the old Alex in her. "Come on help me." She said grapping a hose and a bucket with some stuff in it. "The jeep is dirty." She wrinkled her nose.

I agreed to help her as we got to work on washing he jeep. She had the left side of the jeep as I had the right side, Every so often I would glace at her. Maybe my mom was right, maybe I should make my move soon. Maybe before its too late. Eventually something is going to happen and I won't have the girl I love, anymore.

wait, did I just say that. oh god I love her. Oh my god. Kevin and my mom were right. God I'm such a sappy bitch. I was knocked out of my thoughts when a felt a bucket of cold water get thrown at me. I looked over to alex who was having a laughter fit.

"Alex," I sang. She looked up at me, still laughing. "You forgot who has the hose." I said to her as her face turned emotionless. And then she ran. I very well could have ran with hose but I didn't because she ran faster down the block then the schools quarter back. I ran through the house next door and took a short cut, as I caught up to her.

"Hey Alex." I smirked as she looked at me really quick and made a turn for the house, I took the short cut again and sneaked behind her jeep and grabbed the hose. I heard her he laugh in victory as I went up behind her and sprayed the hose on her back. she slowly turned around and smirked at me.

"Devin, Devin, Devin." She said as she took more steps closer to me. I stood there, not moving an inch. She put her hand on my chest and tippy toed up to my face. she was inch away from my face, my breathing hitched as she inched closer to me. and with that she smirked spraying me with hose.

Well that moment was short lived.

---------------------------

Hey Fellow readers,

I'm not to happy with this filler butt whatever.

don't forget to vote and comment, Much love..

xoxo, Brooke