>Chapter 3<

Watching Nathan and his mentor training, Kristina feels something she has never felt before. What is it? Jealousy. That's it. It's been four whole days since Jessica arrived at their house. She's been staying in one of the many guest rooms. Nathan is talking to Jessica like he's known her his entire life. She doesn't like this feeling at all. It doesn't feel good.

"Kristina! Did you hear one word of what I just said?" Saracen asks, his eyes narrowing.
Truthfully she hasn't, but there's no way she's going to tell him that.
"Uh...yeah," she lies.
"Something about necromancy and how great it is...?" She hopes that's it.
He sighs.
"I was wondering if you had an idea got your name yet. Your brother has already thought of something but he hasn't confirmed it yet.
Yet again, Kristina feels hurt. Why hasn't he told her? She is probably making a big deal over nothing but to her it definitely feels like something. She realised that Saracen is still looking at her, waiting for an answer.
"Not yet, Saracen. I'll let you know when I think of something." She promises.
"Ok, try to think of one as soon as possible." Saracen tries a smile.
Kristina smiles back weakly.
"Go and get changed now, Skulduggery will be coming soon."

Skulduggery! Her favourite skeleton! She loves it when he comes over. She sprints up the flights of stairs to get changed.
---------------------------------------------
"You've made remarkable progress," Jessica comments.
"Get changed, someone called Skulduggery will be coming over soon."
Skulduggery. He can be very annoying sometimes. On the other hand, his sister seems to love his stays. Nathan doesn't mind Valkyrie Cain, Skulduggery's partner. She has an attitude that Nathan likes. (I know what you're thinking! Not in that way.)

By the time Kristina and Nathan are changed, Skulduggery is sitting on the couch. Nathan scannes the room for Valkyrie, but instead of her, two girls around their age are sitting down and talking to each other quietly. One has brown hair and the other has blonde hair. They both have blue eyes.
"What happened to Val?" Nathan asks Skulduggery.
"Oh, she got in an.....accident," Skulduggery replies.
"This is Avril Saffron," Skulduggery gestures to the blonde twin.
"And this is Prysm Emery," he announces.
"Avril is filling in for Val while she gets better."
Nathan can't read Skulduggery's expression.

"Hi, I'm Kristina and this is my brother, Nathan." Kristina is excited to meet these new people. Nathan goes to talk to Prysm.
"Hi Prysm." He says awkwardly.
"Hey...Nathan." She replies.
"So,uhm.....do you wanna go out for lunch sometime?" He randomly blurts out.
Great, now I've totally freaked her out, Nathan thinks.
"S-sure!" She beams at him.
At least she's not completely freaked out, Nathan thinks bitterly.
"I'm sorry, we don't have to if you don't want to." He says.
"It's fine! Really...I would love to meet up sometime."
"Hah...ok then." Nathan is sure he sounds like a complete idiot.
Prysm and Nathan talk a bit more, getting to know each other better.

"Afternoon tea is ready, everyone." Saracen announces. Slowly, everyone files into the dining room. Prysm with Nathan, Avril with Kristina and Skulduggery with Jessica.
Kristina catches sight of the close pair and grins evilly.
"Nathan, you're 14 and you've only met Prysm today." Kristina reminds her twin, chuckling.
"And she's 15. Don't worry sis, I won't replace you with Prysm," he almost reads her mind.
"Anyway, you're my number one source of annoyingness."
She swatts him playfully.

"Well I won't keep you from your girlfriend." She says, trying to sit in another seat. He drags her back.
"Kris! Prysm is NOT my girlfriend. We're just friends. And like you said- I only met her today."
Woah okay. Don't worry bro, I'm not judging you." She raises her hands in defence.
Ending the conversation before it goes anywhere else, Nathan takes a bite of his cheesecake.
A rare silence fills the room.

Nathan ponders his name. He's thinking of Jace, but it doesn't sound right. Jace. Jace. That's it! He has an idea.
Awkwardly breaking the silence, Nathan announces, "I have chosen a name."
"Finally." Saracen mutters.
Skulduggery looks at him.
"I mean, awesome!" He corrects himself.
Nathan catches his sister's eye. She is practically blazing with fury.
I'll ask her what's wrong later. He decides.
"Get on with it. What's the name?" Skulduggery is looking at him expectantly.
"Jayce. Jayce Dawson."
"Well, Jayce. I've chosen a name too." Kristina glares at him. Nathan senses something is wrong.
"Kris, what's wrong?"
"My name isn't Kristina anymore. It's Tama Chase."
Avril tries to lighten the mood.
"Let's go and get ice cream to celebrate. There's this really good place in the city..." Avril suggests.
The previous heat gone, Tama and Jayce look at each other. Saracen had only let them go to the city once before, when they were little kids.

Saracen looks uncertain about this idea. Jayce isn't sure either.
"Come on Saracen. It'll be fine." Tama assures him.
"I.....I don't know." Saracen says.
"Saragem, what's up?" Skulduggery asks.
He stays quiet.
"Saragem? What's up with that?" Jessica asks Skulduggery.
"The first time I met him, I thought he said his name was Saragem." Skulduggery explains.
Everyone sweatdrops.
Saracen nods and replies "ok. Let's go to the city."

I'll post Chapter 4 soon!! (I'm still working on it oops) :D I decided I'll keep on writing the book !!!! *everyone cheers* thank you *bows* (this is where everyone comments about how awesome I am)