Chapter 1: Separation ( Drake's P.O.V )

Armen was gone this time. He was truly gone. He wasn't coming back. I was the one who was supposed to protect him. Protect him from Herobrine. Yet, I was the one who ended his life. I had failed what I was trying to do all this time. Mia had tried to comfort me with words, and I had appreciated them, but it didn't change the fact that I had still killed him. Then again, in the end, nothing really could have been done right? No, I can't think like this. Armen wouldn't want us to mourn for him, he'd want us to move on. Grayson, Mia, and I had all said our goodbyes, and I had so sincerely hoped that we would all wind up in the same place. If we didn't I will promise to always look for them, and to never stop or change my goal, until I am with my friends, no, my family once again. Grayson had given me a marque to take on my travels and left through his portal, leaving Mia and I left.

"Hey, Drake?" Mia asked.
"Yeah?" I answered facing her. She had pulled something out and handed it to me.
"He gave you that...I thought it'd be amusing..."
I chuckled. "The chalice."
"The chalice," she repeated.
"Take it to a museum just on the edge of the Empire, they'll pay you a pretty hefty price for it."
"I'll make sure to tell them that you were the one who found it."
She smiled and walked towards her portal. She faced me one last time and said goodbye before walking through. I faced my portal. Explosions soon came from nowhere. I guess that it was my time to go now. I took a few steps back and ran through, whiteness appearing in my line of vision.
'This is it.' I thought. I didn't know what adventures or dangers lied ahead of me, but I knew one thing for sure. I was going to find Grayson and Mia. And then...I was going to kill Herobrine, even if it killed me.

---------------------------------------------

Well there you have it. My very first chapter of the story. It might take me awhile to get the next one out, since it was kind of a struggle for me to write just this chapter. But hopefully it won't. Before I started this story, I had many ideas of the haunted but they were based of things of other fan fictions after the story or chapter. I did have some of my own ideas, but they didn't really fit in with The Haunted. There might be a possibly that some of the ideas I had will be in this book or another one, but I kind of doubt it.