o n e

°Alex°

I hear my alarm go off from my desk downstairs. I spend most of my nights awake. This night was the stress of bills. My parents died a few years ago. So I live in a big, big, house by myself.

I can keep up with it. I was a strange child, I liked cleaning the house and doing the laundry. Plus I did not have friend. So I cleaned and did my homework.

I'm glad I did that now. Cause if I didn't, I'd be living in a dirty house with no clothes. I could have gone in with other family members, but they all hate me so I'd just be a maid to them.

I have been saving money since I was 7 years old, so I can get groceries and new clothes and motorcycles. I mostly grow my food, I'm a vegan.

I work 7 different jobs and babysit, clean houses and walk dogs. Bringing in about $2000 dollars a week. And I still have time to go to school, do my homework, and have a normal teenage life.

A life of partying with my friends and going out every Friday and Wednesday. Shopping every Saturday. It gets stressful.

But me being a very organized, tactical person, I can handle it. I schedule work off of my school and teenage life.

As soon as school lets out, I go to work. At work I work on my homework when I have down time or nobody is around or I'm on break etc.

After that shift is over, I go to my next job. And so on until about 11. Then I finish my homework while cleaning the house and doing the laundry. Then I eat at 11:30.

Next I work on bills and taxes and such. After that's over with, if it gets over with, I finally have down time for 30 minutes. I allow myself to watch one episode of the Simpsons at about 1:00. Then I go to bed.

This may seem like too much for a 17 year old girl to handle, but not for me. I'm used to it. I've been doing it since I was 14.

But I didn't get to sleep last night. I had to stay up and figure out how to start conserving electricity cause my bill is very high. And my water bill. Probably from the laundry.

I let out a sigh and take off my glasses while raking my hair with my hands. I rest my hands behind my neck and close my eyes. I'm not sure if I can keep this up for much longer. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm doing fine for now.

I walk upstairs to my bedroom, formally the master suit but I'm the master now. This room is bigger then some peoples houses. Like I said, I live in a very big house.

I pick out black boyfriend jeans, a grey shirt with the saying 'nevermind darling' printed on the front, and a black red blue and white flannel thrown over, just for the ride to school, once I get there I'll tie it around my waist.

I put on my makeup and do my hair. Then I throw on some black vans and grab an apple to eat while watching an episode of the Simpsons and looking over my homework one last time. I won't get a scholarship with a B.

I go into my garage and grab my bike. I slip my helmet onto my hair and drive off. It takes me about 5 minutes to get to my school. I slip into my reserved parking spot and take my helmet off. I shake my hair out with my hand and feel it cascade down my back. I walk into the school and do the same thing I've done since 8th grade.

Once I get to my classroom, I tie the flannel around my waist and sit down. I review my work one last time just to be sure. It's flawless, as usual.

"You need to find your chill." My best friend, Blanche, comes up and sits on my desk.

Behind her are Summer, Ginger, and the boys.  Pierce, Austin, and Shawn.

I generally don't talk that much. I'm very shy, people don't know that about me. They just think I don't like talking to people. I like them to believe that.

"I'm perfectly happy with homework." I say quietly.

"Come with us. We have someone to teach a lesson to and since you're super smart, you could help us." Austin says.

"O-ok." I whisper stutter. Everything I say is quiet.

So this lesson was filling some kids locker with whipped cream because he thought he was tougher and cooler then Pierce. As soon as the 5 minute bell rang I practically ran to class. Me and all the others have every class together. So I help them stay on time, and if I can with their homework.

"I like your outfit today. Very badass." Shawn says coming up behind me. He has that signature smirk on his face.

"T-thanks." I say.

"Let's go somewhere after school, yeah?" Shawn asks me with an eyebrow raised.

"I can't. U-unless you want to go to 6th street dry cleaners." I say and shyly laugh.

"It's a date." Shawn says and pecks my cheek. Then he walks into class and sits down right across from my seat. I'm shocked. I hold my hand up to my cheek. I shake it off and sit down.

"Ok class. Turn in your homework. Today we have a worksheet." Our teacher says and walks to her desk. Then she sits down and puts in earbuds.

I walk up to the turn in basket and place last nights homework on the cool metal. I grab the worksheet and sit back down. I start on the first question and speed through the easy worksheet. After I was finished, I checked it and double checked it. Then when I thought it was acceptable, I placed it in the turn in the basket. Shawn comes up right behind me and places his on top of mine.

"Looks like you won." Shawn says and laughs.

"L-looks like it." I say and nervously laugh.

"You don't need to stutter around me. I have a feeling we are gonna be best friends." He says and smirks at me. I laugh my nervous laugh and sit back down.

I use this time to just relax. I just sit there. And it's wonderful. I never get this time. All my other classes, I use this time to work on my other homework. But I don't have any yet.

The bell rings and I change out my supplies. I travel to second period and before I know it, it's the end of 4th hour. That means time for lunch.

I make my way into the lunch room and little freshmen scamper out of my way. Once I get to the line, I shuffle to the front. I grab a to go salad and sit down at the popular lunch table. Everyone laughs and throws carrots and grapes at each other while I just sit and eat my salad peacefully, laughing at them.

None of my friends know about my parents. I would like to keep it that way. I feel it would destroy my image if I got all the pity.

After lunch we go to our last two periods and then schools out.

I walk to my motorcycle and then I hear a car pull up behind me. I turn around to see Shawn with some sunglasses on.

"6th street dry cleaners, correct?" Shawn asks me.

"Y-yeah." I say and blush a little that he remembered where I work for my first shift.

"I'll see you there." Shawn says and speeds off. I hop on my bike and follow him.

This is gonna be interesting.

A/N hai this is a Shawn Mendes book and yeah this is new I like it how about you?

Leave me some feedback.

Ok byeeee