Chapter ten

Storie's POV
Everything has just been getting to my head. I over think everything seeing the post my mother puts up just fuels the anger I have for her. She had the nerve to give my number to her "daughter" an had her call me. She has the nerve to tell me I'm immature but here she is doing this shit. I went an got my number changed an haven't heard from any of them since. Dads on the late night shift so I'm planning on going for a late night drive tonight. That always clears my mind but dad never lets me go.
"Storie dinner" dad yelled
I roll off my bed an walk down stairs an sit down at the table. Dad sets a plate down in front of me then sits down himself.
" I have to leave in about two hours" he says
"I won't be home until early morning" he states
" I know why do you have this shift"I ask curiously
" John is on vacation an we split his shift this week" he says
I nod my head an sit there an eat.
" are you okay" he asks concerned
" yeah I'm fine why" I say back
" your quiet an not yourself"he says taking a drink
" I'm fine just tired" I lie
He just looks at me with a raised eyebrow like he knew I was lying
We went into the living room an watched tv until it was time for him to leave.
" okay I'm heading out behave if you need me call me love you" he says kissing my head
"Okay love you to" I smile
I sit there for a bit an think about how he has been more of a father figure than my real one an how he has made my life better than my mother ever could.
I didn't realize that I sat there spaced out thinking for an hour I get up slip a hoodie of over my tank top an grab my keys.
I get in my car put my cd in it has a list of different songs I like.
The first few are Bmike songs.
At that moment Karma is my favorite song of his after that it's two faces I love his music!
I have my window down with the wind blowing through my hair an driving down the road with my music playing low.
I start to think about everything like why did dad have to cheat? Why did he leave? Why couldn't he take me with him? Was I not the daughter he wanted? Well fuck him an fuck my mother to they were never there for anything an I don't find that fair. If you wanna have a kid then why not stay an raise what you made? I know what has happened in my life has made me stronger but things are looking up an I know I have someone looking down on me an making sure I'm safe.
I feel tears start to roll down my face but I can't help it I miss her more than anything in this world.
She was my rock she was there for it all she made the room light up with just a single smile an made the pain go away for awhile. She made life easier she was funny she was smart an she was beautiful an most of all she was my bestfriend.
"I miss you I ask everyday why you? But you always said everything happens for a reason but what could be the reason of why your not here? Why?!" I scream completely crying right now I pull off the road an lay my head on the steering wheel gripping it tight.
"Starr I miss you but I promise I'll fulfill the promise I made you an ill never forget the person you made me you were the strongest person I knew you were my rock you were the sister I never had you made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry Starr I miss you more than words can describe I hope your up there dancing with the angles like you always said you would be doing. I love you Starr Lee." I cry looking up to the sky.
Starr was my bestfriend since kindergarten we did everything together there wasn't a day we didn't see eachother we went on family vacation together we both had a bed in eachothers room. When we were ten she was diagnosed with cancer. But she was so strong everyday I was sitting by her bedside. We thought she pulled through but one night everything went down hill an I watched her slip from me that was the absolute worst day of my life.
They had her stable but told us she wouldn't make it through the night. She looked over to me an said she was getting tired. I said Go to sleep Starr an when you wake up you'll be with the angles just like you want.
"Promise you'll make it to Paris for us" she slurred slipping from life it's self
" I Promise" I said my voice cracking
She had a small smile on her face an her eyes slowly closed I felt her hand go limp in mine. I remember screaming an crying.
That's why I have a box under my bed filled with money I plan to make it to Paris for us.
I sit there an look straight ahead an calm myself I turn the radio up a bit an pull of the side of the road an drive off again.
Two faces is playing I turn the volume up a bit more an begin to say the words along with it.

You know when they say
Addiction controls us all
Stuff like drugs an alcohol
It takes away from the element of control
An our parents use to always say to us
Stay away from drugs don't do drugs
Drugs will fuck up your life
And I completely agree but
Love is the most fucked up drug of them all I can't control who I love
You can't control who you fall in love with
Like you could be the most straight edged
Person on this fucking planet
And love could still make you go insane
Love could make anyone go insane.
I say along to the song I didn't realize how fast I was actually going until I heard a siren an seen flashing lights.
"Shit"I mumble an pull over to the side of the road
The cop gets out of the car leaving his lights on he's looking down at his notepad while walking to the car. As he gets closer I realize it's dad an I'm royally fucked!
"License an Regeneration" he says not looking up
Damn it I didn't grab my wallet before I left. I lean over an get the regeneration an hand it out the window an he finally looks up.
"Storie Paige what the hell are you doing"he yells
"Oh hey dad" I say
" don't hey dad me what are you doing out driving at eleven at night" he growls
"Oh you know enjoying the scenery" I say trying to lighten the mood
"Your in so much trouble little girl your gonna drive home an ill follow behind you make sure your in the house an we will talk when I get home an you better go the speed limit do you understand me" ha says sternly
"Yes" I say
He walks to his car an shuts off the lights an I pull out.
"I'm not a little girl" I grumble to myself
I drive with him following me I'm going five miles under the speed limit an I can tell its pissing him off.
We pull into the drive way an I get out an so does he.
He walks to the front door as do I he opens it an waits for me to walk in. I walk in an he lands a hard smack to my butt.
"Ow!"I shriek
"That's for being a smartass driving home" he says closing the door
"You said to go the speed limit an I went the speed limit!" I yell
" we will talk about all of this in the morning stay in this house Storie Paige I love you" he says with a kiss to my head
" love you" I mumble
I'm done for in the morning!