Chapter One

"Lissy!" was the first thing I heard for a new day.

  I woke up feeling groggy, I'd only gotten 6 hours of sleep, and it was 6 a.m. Yes, I stayed up till midnight. Mom and Dad kill me now, I didn't go to bed at 9 p.m. I often stay up later then I should be texting my friends, or playing apps on my Iphone. It was the first day of 8th grade for me. Haha! One more year left till I'm finally in high school. Man I can't stop thinking of how excited I am to be in high school even though it's still a year away. This year will hopefully be a good year, last year was fine, with a 3.8, but I want to get a 4.0. Likeliness of that happening, not so high since I'm a huge procrastinator, but I will still dream and continue to tell myself what I need to do to achieve that 4.0, hoping I actually do it.

  Yeah that's going to be impossible, I mean maybe if I get help from my family... but they never understand me. At least it doesn't feel like they do. They say they do,but no matter how much they say that, I'll never believe it unless they show me they do. I'm all about being proven stuff, I won't believe it till I see it. That's my motto. Well... a motto, I have a trillion. Let's see....

"LISSY!" I hear my mom call again. Guess you aren't hearing my trillion motto's right now, sorry. Might actually have saved you.

"Yeah mom!?" I call down to her. 

"Are you dressed yet?" She asks me, "The pancakes are getting cold!" 

  I turn my head to the clock and 10 minutes have already passed. crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I've just been in a waist of thoughts. I shoot out of my bed wiping my eyes free of the muck griming the corners up. I grab some short blue jeans only reaching about half way down my thighs, and covered in red and purple jewels forming shapes of butterflies and flowers. Many of the jewels have come off because I like to pick at them for some reason, can't really help myself. Same thing goes for my scabs. I have a few scars on my arms because of th- right need to finish getting dressed. Now I grab a white tank top and put it on, along with a red over-shirt with seams that have indented lines. The fabric of the top is cotton like, and very comfy. I start rubbing the shoulders of the shirt distracted by thoughts once again. I snap out of it, and finish packing my back pack then run down stairs. I look at the time and it's 6:17, we have to be out of the house, and in the car by 6:50, and then we have 10 minutes to get there, and I have 5 minutes to get to class.

My mom has just started eating her pancakes, and she put a plate out for me already buttered. I put down my back pack. I get to my plate and start cutting them, then I add the syrup. I eat it, and when I look at the time it's 6:29, but my mom dealt with my plate for me. I run back into my room, as I have forgotten to put on socks. I chose a white pair of socks with red designs with my purple vans, and I also grab my purple beanie. Now I walk over to the bathroom, brush my teeth, floss- even though I don't exactly know how to- and rinse with listerine. Then I take a little while brishing and styling my hair, it's down and wavy, and pulled to the back, with the front hair in-front, since I don't have bangs.

  When I enter the kitchen, it still stings with the smell of syrup. I get to my back pack and put on, "Mom!? you ready to go? It's almost 6:50" I shout out while looking at the clock as it changes to 6:48. She comes downstairs and calls me over to the front door so I go there. We leave and start driving away at 6:51. My first day of school beckons me.