Part 15

Katniss pov

It was around eight o'clock at night when three kids, Rory, Vick, and Posy came walking through the door. "Gangs all here!" Says hazel. Everyone laughs.
We do what we always do. Gather all the couch cushions and pillows and blankets we have and put them all over the living room floor. A gigantic soft bed. We all get tucked in and start to drift off. But I can't sleep. Prim sleeps next to me. I can tell she is fast asleep. But I stare at the ceiling straining not to think to much. Gale obviously reads my thoughts, because her wraps his hand around mine. I turn around to meet is gaze. He smiles a little bit. I try to smile back, but I can't. Then the TV flashes on. President snow on the screen. What would he have to say at eleven o'clock at night? "Citizens of Panem, to keep in our minds the power of the Capitol, we have issued a mandatory viewing of the 74th annual hunger games. Let the games begin"

I started to shake all over. He was making me watch it. He was forcing all of us to watch the hunger games I had to endure. My mother looked worriedly as I sat up. I leaned against the couch with a blank expression on my face. Gale sat up next to me so our shoulders were pressed together. I have to be strong I kept telling myself. Just be strong. I have to be strong. I was about to witness the place of nightmares again. And this time there was no escape. Every second of my misery was about to be displayed on this screen in front of me. Gales arm came behind me and pulled me even closer to him. I was still shaking. This was going to be a long night.

The tributes were lifted from their tubes. I saw myself on the screen. "Let the games begin in 5...4...3....2....1"

Then I herd the gong.