An Unexpected Fall

I awake to hear the pilot saying we will be landing in five minutes. I check the time It's 4:09 AM. I nudge Garrett.

"Garrett! Garrett! Wake up We're landing!" he moans.

When we land I get my bags, say goodbye to Garrett, and catch a cab.

******************************************************************************************************

The director and producer rented out hotel rooms for all of us already. Most of the cast shared rooms with one other person from the cast, but because I was so young the director got me my own. I was the youngest one on set which, I didn't tell my mom, I also didn't tell my mom that I had my own room. If I had, I guarantee you, I would not be here. I was so happy to see that my room had a desk, a kitchenette, a king bed and a balcony! I put down my things and stepped out to the balcony to see the rising sun. The beach is empty and and the waves are crashing against the shore. Puerto Rico is beautiful. The sand looked blue against the dark sky that was continuously getting oranger.

The waves continue crashing. I go back into my room glancing down at the enchanting beach once more.

The clock reads 5:43 AM. I have to be in to film at nine in the morning so I'll sleep till seven. I set my phone alarm to seven and climb into the giant bed.

*********************************************************************************************************

I stretch out and look at the sun casting a rainbow reflection on my floor. I throw my legs over my bed and crack my neck. I pick up my phone to check my notifications. When I click the phone on I see the time.

8:31 AM.

"No!" I scream running out of bed. I shower in seconds flat. I grab a pair of jean shorts and and a tank top with a pineapple on it. I throw my hair into a bun and get my dance bag out of my suitcase and pack my shoes, makeup, and costumes.

********************************************************************************************************

I got to the beach and ran to the dressing rooms to do my hair and makeup. I could've gone to the makeup artist, but I don't have time. When I got to the dressing room a large man stopped me.

"Hi I'm here for work." I say to the man.

"Yeah I've heard that one. I know you wanna meet Ross, but you're the twelfth girl that has come here. Move a long." He said making shoo-ing hand motions.

"I'm Gardenia Morahan. I'm fifteen I'm a lead backup dancer, please let me in! I'm going to be late!" He picked up his clipboard and flippled a couple of pages.

"Oh my! I'm sorry! You just don't look fifteen." He said, moving and gesturing towards the tent that was used as a dressing room. I ignored what he said and ran in, immediately ran into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" An Aussie accent said to me. I stood up and saw a girl with brown wavy hair and big brown eyes. She was wearing a pink and black rash guard and surf shorts.

"It's okay." I say, picking up my bag.

"Hi I'm Maia." She said sticking her hand out to me. I shook it.

"Oh yeah you play Mack! Nice to meet you!" I say

"Are you lost? Do your parents work here?"

"No I'm a dancer. I'm fifteen." Her eyes widen.

"Oh I'm sorry!" She said.

"It's okay, I get it a lot." All of the sudden Maia was hit in the shoulder with a neon green bouncy ball. I pick it up. A blonde haired boy runs over.

"Sorry Maia." The boy said. He was wearing Blue swim trunks and a yellow rash guard. I hand him his ball. "Thanks." He looks at me again "Are you lost? Are you looking for your parents? What's your name?" I look at Maia whose biting her bottom lip and looking around nervously.

"Nina, this is Ross, he plays Brady." She says. I shake his hand.

"I work here. I'm a back up dancer. I'm fifteen." His eyes get wide.

"Fifteen?!" I nod my head. "Are you sure?" Maia jabbed him in the arm with her elbow. He looked at her, agerly and rubbed his arm.

I laughed. "Yes I'm sure."

"Well we'll see you on set." Maia said pushing Ross out of the dressing room.

Crap.

I forgot I have to be on set in ten minutes. I quickly did my hair in a low pony tail with the crown of my hair teased. Then I did my makeup and then got dressed in my swim costume. The swim suit was green and sixties style with high wasted bottoms and a tiny top that was much too big. I took out the small angel pin in my makeup case and pinned it to the inside of my costume.

"Be there for me, Avoa." I say walking on the beach, ready to dance for surf crazy.