Chapter 24//Connor

Start from the beginning

"Let's call the boys and go out for breakfast. Okay? Then maybe we can go down to that little carnival." Trevor nods his head and grabs his phone to text the boys. I run his back and then text Troye telling him what I'm doing, he responds quickly.

Alright I think I'm going to go to Tyler's place. Jaspar are having a party tonight at their house. Zoe says that Joe is going to propose to Caspar, so I really want to be there.

I tell him that I'm down for that and we can figure out the details later. I look over to Trevor and see that he's changing into some clothes. I walk into the living room and wait for the boys to knock on the door. I get the door when Kian, Ricky and Jc knock then Trevor joins us in the living room. All go the boys give Trevor right hugs and a few words of comfort and Trevor is smiling by the time we leave.

We go to a restaurant that knows us well, we used to eat here all the time back in the good old days. Soul mates sometimes make it so we don't hang out as much as we used to. It must be terrible for Trevor being around us knowing that all of us expect for him have soul mates that we've found.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in awhile! How are things with you and Troye?" Ricky asks after the waitress walks away with our orders. He's smiling big and I can tell that his happiness is affecting Trevor. It's making Trevor seem more alive and happy. I'm so grateful for Ricky I don't know what I'd do without him.

"We've just been really busy, sorry. We're doing pretty great though." I don't really know if this is a lie or not. I guess in some ways it partially is, because our relationship is pretty much a big rollercoaster. I mean we are in a pretty good spot right now, at least I think we are. That make out session last night was amazing even though he didn't want to do anything else. I respect that, he's not ready and he's scared. I want him to be comfortable and relaxed when we do things, especially those things.

"That's good." Ricky says then we dive head first into a conversation about the importance of wearing socks. After one too many bad stories about not wearing socks we get into the car and drive to the carnival. It's a cute little carnival with a few rides scattered around. Jc, Kian and Trevor race off to go ride some of the rides and Ricky hangs back with me as we aimlessly walk around.

"Are you okay, Ricky? You seem a little worried or stressed." Ricky's shoulders are noticeably tense and his face looks anything but relaxed as we walk by a gold fish tank.

"Actually I wan to talk to you about something." He says reaching into the pocket of his loose shorts to pull out a little box. A ring box. Oh my god he's going to propose to Kian! "I know that Kian loves me and I love him but I want our proposal to be special. I don't want to fuck it up, I want it to be perfect. It's stressing me out and I'm worried how Kian will react. I know he loves me and we've talked about getting married, but I don't know sometimes he seems skeptical about the whole marriage thing." I place a hand on his shoulder as I start talking to him.

"Ki and I have talked about this before actually. He always said that he didn't want to be the one to propose, because he doesn't think he could handle it if you for some reason rejected him or something didn't go exactly as he planned. He thinks that being married will change your relationship in some way and I've tried to reason with him about this but he doesn't like to listen. I'm positive that he will say yes to you, and as long as it's you proposing to the man you love nothing could be wrong. He loves you and you love him."

"I don't want to wait any longer. Let's go find them." He hands me his phone and I give him a questioning look. "Kian demanded that our proposal be recorded. So please film this, Conrad." I accept his phone after he unlocks it and I go to the camera opening it and starting the video.