Prologue

"Help! Please! Please, help me!" A girl screamed into her phone. She was out of breath, panting from time to time while shifting her eyes around the area, checking for the one who was following her. She wore a dirty uniform and received gashes and wounds on her knees from falling down while she was escaping from her killer.

Yes, a killer.

The officer on the other phone asked, "Ma'am? Where are you?" The officer tried to calm her down but she was a complete mess. She was too paranoid to even think straight. She tried processing the officer's words but it was no use. 

"I'm in a-an alleyway! Help me! Someone wants to kill me!" she cried while hot tears streamed down her face. She was tired from running but she can't stop. If she did, she'll be dead for sure. The quiet, eerie sound of the moonless night made her condition worse.

The sound of a sharp object scraping the rough wall made her ears perk up. Her eyesight and hearing suddenly sharpened and the sound of her heart beat increased as if she was running a mile.

"Who did you call Pat?" The familiar sound of her killer's voice made her sob harder. She dropped the phone from her hand while she tried to stop her body from trembling.

"Please," she pleaded to her killer. Memories of her family and friends flashed through her mind. She kept dismissing them and focused on two words: I'll survive. But somehow, deep down, she knew that tomorrow, she's not going to be able to attend her classes.

"No. I'm begging you! Don't do this please! My family will search for me!" She almost choked on her own tears as she desperately tried to beg for mercy in front of her killer.

"If I'm not going to do this, more deaths will come. The death of you over the death of many. We need a sacrifice and I chose you." A grin crept up on the killer's face as she walked slowly to her classmate, Patricia.

"But—" A strangled cry came out of Patricia's mouth as she tried to plead herself from her classmate's cruel intention.

"I'm sorry if I have to do this. I'll make it up to you in the next lifetime, Patricia," the killer said in a realistic sad tone. The killer hoisted up her sharp knife that glistened when she held it up and plunged it down the throat of her friend.

Patricia wanted to let out a scream when an agonizing pain struck her. It quickly went from pure agony to numbness and she was sure that she'd die.

But Patricia isn't one of those people who died without fighting. Flashes of her suitor came to her mind and a little flick of hope built up inside of her. She remembered wanting to be in the same college as her suitor. She remembered promising him to a tasty treat on their next meeting. She remembered how she felt the butterflies in her stomach whenever he did something sweet.

She grabbed the knife, ignoring the thick, gooey liquid that ran though her fingers and pulled it out.

But alas, she didn't know that what she did made her death quicker. Blood gushed out of her wound like a fountain and it stained her already-dirty dress, the floor and her killer who was about to laugh for the stupid act that she did.

And in just seconds, she closed her eyes as she enveloped the feeling of darkness and cold surrounding her.

***

a/n:

New storyyyyy! :D This story is purely english.