"Is it wrong...that I miss...what I could've had?"

"No." His voice was softer; barely. "But...it wasn't real."

"I know." She felt like curling into a ball. Pressing her face into the pillow, she fought back her tears.

"Demons...they take advantage. Not...your fault."

She looked up, surprised. Had it worked already? She smiled hesitantly.

"Make it right."

Her smile grew more confident. She nodded. Atian gave her a quick smile before turning his attention back to the tv.

**

Samiyah looked over the food the hotel staff handed out. They saved a lot of it but a thin coat of ice remained. She wasn't too upset about that. Once she got back to the room she could melt it off. She looked at the clock; it was twelve. She'd called Jaegar several hours ago. Samiyah shoved her hands in her coat pockets. The heat was up at high as it could go and yet it could barely be felt. Samiyah sighed, heading back up to the room. She was relieved to see Katherine awake. She set the paper bag down on the desk. There was one small plastic plate and a spork. Samiyah hadn't fully recovered but she created a weak flame to cook with. She looked at Atian, who shook his head. The pancakes were thin and there were only a handful of eggs, but Katherine looked thankful. Samiyah knew they needed to find something more substantial or her sister would pass out again. Her stomach growled but she'd survive until they got back to Seven Bays. If only...There was a hard knock and she immediately rushed to get it. Opening the door she wanted to throw her arms around Jaegar. She restrained herself and stepped aside to let him in.

Shaking his head, he said, "We have to go. Before the engines freezes."

Samiyah hesitated; she wasn't sure how long Katherine had been awake. "Can you make it?"

Katherine stood up. She stumbled and fell against the other bed, letting out a groan.

"I'll carry her," Atian said as he moved to her side.

She allowed him to hold her fireman style, pressing herself against him. Samiyah caught Jaegar's look of disbelief, it matched her own, before he quickly covered it up.

"Who are you?"

"Atian Crowe. Drove them here."

Jaegar sniffed, to see what he was. Seeing that he was human and not a threat at the moment he turned to leave. They hurried to keep up with him.

"Is he always so chatty?"

She smirked. Atian had been less than conversational himself. "When he's chatty, he's lecturing."

"I can hear you."

Samiyah made a face and Katherine giggled. It made her wish things were different and she ran to keep up with Jaegar.

**

The ride back passed in a blur of seasons. One minute the roads were covered in slush and snow was almost as high as the suv they drove in. And the next, Samiyah would have to switch on the air conditioning. She could see heat waves bouncing off the asphalt. Some trees even sprouted flowers. When they reached the island she noticed one side of the island was sunny. The other side had more snow than when she left, and between them was a mixture of both. She felt the urge to stare clash with the need to run as far away as she could.