chapter 25- the cat is out of the bag

Start from the beginning

"Well then, two can play that game."
And she shoved me right off those steps before I had time to even comprehend what was happening.

*
*
*
*
*

Hazel's POV

"That was brilliant!"

I half-shouted half-whispered to Celeste.

She rolled her eyes at me.

"It was also disgusting."

I whipped out my phone and stuffed it in my pajama pocket.

"You're up ugly duckling."

Celeste told me while grabbing one of my extra toothbrushes.

After putting a mountain top of toothpaste on it, she stuffed it in her mouth and disappeared into the bathroom.

When Harley saw her, her eyes widened

"Hey is that whipped cream on your toothbrush? Awesome. "

Then she grabbed the camera and dived behind one of my ridiculously large vases.

I took a deep breath and opened the front door.

I thought I was gonna blow it. Robin looked ridiculous. Twigs were in his hair, he had a scrape on his chin and he had a murderous look on his face.

It took all my willpower not to laugh. He looked like a camper who got into a fight with a rabbit....and lost.

Robin's expression softened when he saw me. Then his expression turned into confusion. I couldn't blame him. I looked like a lost a fight with a pillow.

He stepped forward and reached out to me. But I slapped his hand back.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME ROBIN? After all I've done for you! After everything we've been through."

His eyes showed confusion and fear. Why was he scared? It's not like my look was contagious.

A little shower and my cave woman hairdo is going bye bye.

I was completely aware of the open door behind me and I knew I had to bring Robin inside so the camera has a good view of him.

I could do this.

"Hazel what are you talking about?"
I glared at him and he flinched.

"You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!"

I whirled around and stomped inside, Robin, being as stupid as he is followed me. He shut the door behind him.

"No! I don't so please enlighten me!"

He tried to sound witty but
I could hear the panic starting to creep into his voice.

Oh this just keeps getting better and better.

I revealed my phone and practically shoved it in his face.

"THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! WHO IS THIS GIRL? AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU ROBIN? I'VE TRIED TO FORGIVE YOU, I'VE TRIED TO WORK THINGS OUT BETWEEN US, BUT HISTORY KEEPS REPEATING ITSELF!"

Robin stared shell-shocked at the picture of him and Sophia kissing.

"H-how.... What's going on? "

I glared at him murderously.

"What do you mean 'what's going on?' The hell with it Robin. Who is that girl?"

He looked at me , disbelief written all over his face in permanent marker.

Not literally of course, but you get the idea.

"We're being sabotaged." He said shaking my shoulders.

This boy has completely lost his mind.

"Sabotaged? SABOTAGE MY ASS. This is the same girl from Paris. Why Robin? How could you do this to me?"

I broke into tears.

"We had something special and you ruined it. You screwed it up. We could've been something more. We could've been happy together. I am such an idiot.!"

It didn't take a genius to realize that those words that sprung from my mouth were directed at Danny. Except with Danny's case it was me who screwed up.

"Someone's trying to drive us apart."

Robin said as he looked into my eyes.

I know. I wanted to say.

And that someone is me. But I get to have a little fun in the process.

"You...." I continued sobbing.

The tears weren't hard to conjure. All I had to do was think of Danny's expression last night. How hurt he looked under all that raw anger.

Anger, I've decided. Was a disguise. Used to cover up hurt , jealousy or-

Hold up, back up a second there. Jealousy? A preposterous thought was beginning to form. A thought that made absolutely no sense.

Was Danny jealous last night? But if so, what was he jealous of?

"Hazel please, I can't lose you..."

Right. Robin first. Danny later.

"You can't lose me? You seemed to be doing perfectly fine without me for six months while you were in Paris, chasing the skirts off of however many girls!"

Robin had a pained expression on his dace and the thing that surprised me the most was that it looked real. The expression. It wasn't fake.

He really was in pain. And I know why.

"Please Hazel I need you..."

"Me?" I said in a mocking tone.

"Yes you." He said. Now he was lying.

"I know you don't need me." I said confidently.

"No but I need your MONEY!"

As soon as he said it he clamped a hand over his mouth but it was too late .

Ladies and gentlemen. The cat is out of the bag.