Chapter 23- this is like a real life soap opera

Start from the beginning

I glanced at Malcolm and saw that he mirrored Danny's expression. His fists were clenched at his sides.

I needed to do something. I realized. I needed to do something before things got ugly.

A waiter came with a notepad and a pencil. No one looked like they wanted to order and Danny was not even paying attention to the waiter.

I realized I should've told Danny about Malcolm. But why was he so upset? It just slipped my mind. I never expected his reaction to be like this. It scared me, seeing him so angry and knowing that I was the cause of his anger. I should've told him.

He must feel betrayed. He was my best friend. Best friends didn't keep stuff like this a secret. I am an idiot.

The waiter shifted his weight from one foot to the other uneasily.

Sophia glanced at her menu and ordered the first thing she saw. Celeste started rambling orders for us. Harley looked like she was about to explode from the laughter bubbling up inside her.

I noticed her biting the inside of her cheek to keep herself from laughing at the boys.

Malcolm streched his arm and put it around my shoulder. It was a cheesy move that I would've found romantic and cute in other circumstances. Not this time. It took all my willpower to prevent myself from shoving his hand off.

I was scared of Danny's reaction. Would it fuel his anger even more? Would he punch Malcolm? I was biting my lip.

Danny stood up rather abruptly and left. He sent one more evil glare at Malcolm before leaving.

I wanted to cry. Why was he acting like this? I stood up and followed him.

Malcolm, looked like he was about to follow me but Harley stopped him and started asking about his new business deal.

I ran after Danny.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I shoved people who were in my way. I didn't care who I pissed off, I needed to see Danny.

I stopped at the front door when I noticed it was raining outside.

Crap. This is so cliché...

I pushed the door and ran out into the rain. I saw Danny walking to his car. Pain started building up inside me. I wasn't letting him get away.

Thankfully it was a big parking lot.

"DANNY!" I called. But the rain drowned my voice.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Damn heels!

I was about to throw them away when I noticed they were Prada.

Damn gorgeous incredibly expensive Prada heels!

Heels or Danny?

There was no contest.

Bye-bye heels....

Without the heels dragging me, I ran like my life depended on it. I caught up with Danny in no time but he wasn't exactly glad to see me.

"Hazel have you lost your fricking mind!? Do you want to get sick?"

He snapped at me. It took a couple moments for my idiotic slow mind to realize he was mad at me.

My fear and uncertainty quickly turned into anger.

"What the hell was that about back there? You looked like you were gonna bust out some Harley style kung fu! Dammit Danny I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Malcolm okay!?"

He glared at me.

"What the hell! I don't know anymore Hazel! If you think this is about that then you've lost your mind. Harley called me and told me to come with you guys!"

I blinked. Harley called him..

"I don't get why you're so worked up about this shit. Go back inside. I'm heading home."

I grabbed his jacket collar with two hands.

"Oh no you're not! Not until you explain WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!"

He pushed me away.

"I don't have to explain anything okay. You're just imagining things. Nothing's wrong. I'm fine. "

"Sure you are." I said sarcastically.

The rain continued to pour. We had to scream to communicate.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY!?" he yelled.

"I DON'T KNOW! WHAT'S WRONG?"

"DAMMIT HAZEL. YOU THINK I'M GONNA HAVE A HEART TO HEART CHAT WITH YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRICKIN RAIN!? I'M NOT. "

I could feel the tears clouding my vision.

"I JUST WANT TO HELP!"

He glared at me.

"I don't want your help. Go help Malcolm."

"What is it with you and Malcolm!? I said I was sorry okay!?"

The tears were falling now. I was glad it was raining. The rain disguised my tears.

"Go back inside." He demanded.

Then he disappeared into the night.

I didn't follow him. I didn't go back inside. I just stood there in the middle of the rain. Crying eyes out.
Feeling heartbroken over a boy who was never my boyfriend. Feeling like I lost something that had never been mine. But could've been.

Author's note:

*collapses* dang that chapter was hard to write! :/ but it was worth it!

Okay, I need your thoughts. What do you think of this chapter? Love it ? Hate it? Let me know!

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow, and SHARE! :D

Xoxo,
Avery