Prologue

Many years ago only a few years after the death of King Tut the Kingdom in Egypt had a very cruel Pharaoh. He vowed in the land that if anyone was different and believed different they would be put to death. This event would only happen on one night.Little did the he know that his son, Prince Asim had a best friend. Her name was Malbi. They cared for each other dearly and were best friends. However since the night of the raid their lives and friendship would fade and disappear for a long time. At least until Asim's 21 birthday.

*13 year old Asim's POV

"Malbi...? I'm gonna get you!" I called out. I walked down the brick court yard of my palace. Being a prince of Egypt wasn't easy. My best friend Malbi was the only person that didn't treat me different. She was my best friend. My mother adores her, but my father despises her. Her and her family among a few others are different. Their skin is a shade lighter than ours and their eyes are of a light green color, but Malbi's are a blue that is the mixture of the ocean and sky. Her people also believe different. They have one God....we have many. As I rounded the corner I saw the curtain move. I smiled and brushed my black hair out of my face. Quickly I raced over and drew it back. Malbi's eyes widened with shock. "Got you!" I exclaimed. She giggled "Your turn Asim! Go hi-" The deep booming voice of my father rang out. "Asim!" He snapped. I turned and faced my father. He had a look of hatred as he saw Malbi. Quickly I stepped in front of her and pushed her behind me. She gripped onto my arm as my father approached. "Shouldn't you be inside studying?" He asked. "I have finished studying and my chores father. I just came to play with my friend Malbi." Father smirked a evil smirk and stepped closer. He loomed over Malbi and I. He smirked at her and pulled me away. "Friends....." He hissed. "Not for long."

----

That night as I slept I woke to screams. I jumped up in shock. I pulled the covers back ad raced to my window. I pulled the curtain to see the homes of a few family's and Malbi's burning. "No.." I breathed. Quickly I raced to the stairs. I went down and raced outside. Guards were pulling people out of houses and grabbing their faces. Looking into their eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Malbi's father being dragged out. "Exotic." The guard said. I watched as they ran him through the heart with a spear. I gasped and ducked behind the wall. "Malbi!!!" I screamed. I raced down and into the village. Chaos was everywhere. "Malbi!!!" I shouted again. Then a scream rang out. I turned to see Malbi being pulled by her hair away from her mom. "Not my baby! No!" Her mother screamed. "Mommy!" Malbi cried. A soldier came and grabbed her mothers face. "Exotic, kill her." They ran a sword through Mabli's mother. "No!!!" Malbi screamed. "Malbi!!!!" I shouted. Her tear streaked face turned to me. "Asim....?!! Asim!!!" She screamed. The soldier then began dragging her away. I ran as fast as I could after them. When I got close I grabbed Malbi's hand. I pulled her away and began running. "Asim!" She exclaimed. I narrowed my dark eyes at her "Keep running!" We ran towards the exit of the kingdom. We got closer until the gates shut. Then Mali was jerked from my grip. "Asim!!!!" She screamed. "Malbi!!!!" I cried out reaching for her. A soldier wrapped their arms around me. "Let her go!" I shouted. "ENOUGH!!" Came my fathers voice. I watched as he walked over to Malbi. "I'm sorry son, but the exotic will be the downfall of our kingdom." He said. I shook my head. A tear going down my face. "Please, don't do this." I begged. My father shook his head. "Consider this a punishment...for going against my wish...to end them." He said pointing the sword at Malbi. He grabbed her shoulder and put her in from of me on her knees. "Asim....?" She said with tears going down her face. Before she could say anything else father thrust the sword through her stomach. I gasped and tears flowed down my face. My father threw her body to the ground. Blood coming from her mouth. The soldier picked me up and drug me back to the palace. That was the last time I saw Malbi. Or so I thought.