Chapter 15: The King of Catastrophe

I jumped and then sighed. He had startled me, but I wasn't worried.

"What are you doing here? I thought I wasn't getting anymore help. And you took Kevin away from me." I said rudely.

Truth be told, I DID miss Kevin. I knew it was weird, but he'd been a lot of help. He'd been my friend. Helpful. Annoying. Friendly. But helpful at the same time. He'd saved me.

"I told you I'd had enough." He reminded me. "Enough of what?" I asked. "Enough information." He added. "I don't know what that means exactly." I turned to the doorknob to the room next to Ivy's, hoping to avoid the conversation. The doorknob burned into liquid metal the second my hand touched it.

"Ouch!" I screamed. The scorching metal poured onto my hands and burned me to no end. "Lance!" I yelled. "Yes?" he asked sarcastically. "What is your problem?" I groaned.

"Clearly I am not the one with the scorched hand, so therefore I am not the one with the problem." Lance replied dismissively. "Why did you do that?" I asked, clutching my hand. "I thought you were trying to help me."

"The reason is coming up." He tapped his foot impatiently. "I'm having a terrible day, alright? Either tell me what it is, or leave." I demanded. "Tell you what?" he asked obliviously. I sighed heavily.

"Obviously you want something from me, otherwise you wouldn't be here. What are you back for?" I asked. "I can't exactly tell you yet." Lance told me quietly. I waved him off.

"Leave, then. You told me you weren't helping anymore. I said that was fine. I meant it." I reminded him. "Yes, but the end is never the end. That's not why I'm here today." He told me solemnly.

For some reason, since I was angry and tired, I felt like it was an appropriate time to bring up the fact that he'd been conveniently present in a jointed-dream that I'd had.

"You are extremely creepy and mysterious." I said. "Just explain why you're here, what advice you have for me this time, and then go, because I have a lot bigger things to worry about tonight than a man from my dream suddenly appearing in real life." I snapped.

At first, he seemed surprised. Maybe it was just that I'd mentioned the fact that he was in my dream, or because I'd had the guts to snap at him.

He just started to laugh. "You don't know who or what you're dealing with, Cyrus." He told me. "I'm dealing with a psychopathic stalker, from what Kevin has told me." I replied thoughtlessly.

All that did was make him angrier at me. Looking back on the memory, I wished I'd tried to be a little nicer to him.

Lance walked towards me in a casual way. It didn't SEEM like he wanted to crush the life out of me, but I didn't know. "I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a psychopath." Lance said seriously. "But I'm also not someone I'd recommend messing with, especially not right now." He remarked.

"Do you know what's about to happen? You truly have no idea what power I have and the person I am. Let me start by introducing myself as myself. Chances are, since you have no idea who YOU yourself are, you won't know me.

"My name is Lance, King of Catastrophe." He held out his hand casually.

I stared at him, confused. I didn't understand what was so cool about him. I was sure he was trying to be ominous, confusing, and purposefully difficult, but it wasn't working.

"Why are you so important?" I asked obliviously. I felt like his name was oddly familiar, but I couldn't figure out why. It was actually bothering me.

"I wouldn't say I'm important, so as not to draw attention to myself." He replied in a matter-of-fact tone. "What are you, then? Kevin never specified that you were actually a person." I said sarcastically. Lance explained.