Chapter 6: Unintelligible Destruction

That was where she left me. She didn't say anything more. I was as disappointed as ever. I didn't get any more information. And, if I asked, she'd get angry at me. It was like a never-ending cycle.

But for the time being, I was stuck there with people who were too perky and way too excited to see me.

But, on the bright side, we didn't need to prepare for leaving. We just had to wait until the staff had lessened, like we'd done to go down into the dungeon the first time.

"We need to make sure that we can get the keys to the cell." Ivy explained. Once she'd said that, I knew we'd need to go through a bunch of crap to do what we needed to do and then get out. And I knew it wasn't going to be pleasant.

"I've already been told where they are. The only problem will be getting the key, which means getting past a guard, and then getting down there." After that, there wasn't much to be said between us. She didn't have anything else important to tell me, apparently.

I'd said it a thousand times: I wanted information. I didn't expect to get it, though, because she'd made it clear to me that I wouldn't. That didn't stop me from being curious. On the other hand, she could've enlightened me about the supposedly dangerous situation I was in.

"How do you expect us to get past the guard, then?" I asked. Ivy stared at me for a second. "We just have to take him out." She said "How would you like to do that, considering we have no weapons?"

Ivy fell silent. Clearly that hadn't been thought through. "We'll break into the gym first. You can grab something hard. Then you can knock him out." She suggested.

I wasn't entirely comfortable with her plan. Knock out a guard and slip into the damp, dark dungeon again? Not only did that seem like a terrible idea, our means were illegitimate.

Despite knowing I was in a tight situation, I didn't want to hurt anyone, not even enemies, really.

I was getting comfortable at the castle. I knew I wanted to continue on training. But it was like I never got a chance to speak my own opinion without being ridiculed for it. Everyone else had an extravagant plan for me, and I was supposed to blindly follow it.

Night fell quickly. It was time to leave.

Ivy cracked open the door and slipped through. We'd been almost completely silent throughout the entire day, waiting. She had her book and I just sorta watched her read while I waited for the minutes to pass quicker.

It wasn't very fun waiting in anticipation for a rescue mission or anything, not that I was complaining.

So, when the time finally came, the knot that had been in my stomach all day tightened. I couldn't help but feel impelled to ask questions. I didn't know where we were going, nor did I understand why we needed to leave so soon. I wanted to know whether or not we'd be fine or if something was dreadfully wrong.

"How are we supposed to do this without anyone noticing?" I asked. "We aren't." Ivy replied. "What? That's a stupid idea." I said. "We're just not. It's not my plan." She repeated. "Why?"

"Your mom wants to leave with a bang." She explained. "That's a lot of information." I said sarcastically. She ignored my snarky comment and kept walking. We were silently making our way down the halls.

I led the way to the gym, where feelings of disappointment enveloped me. All of the crap I'd gone through with Joey had been a waste of my time. I was just going to leave, and then I'd never learn anything that could help me.

"Go in. I'll stand watch. But if I get caught, I probably won't have enough time to warn you before you get caught, too." She said, looking worried. "I thought my mom wanted to go out with a bang." I reminded her. Ivy looked at me like I was stupid.