Chapter 13 - Eternity of darkness

Start from the beginning

As soon as Bunny saw Tooth he jumped onto her, covering her in his fur in a warm yet frightening embrace. "I must help North, Jack's still alive, you gotta' stay here till he wakes up, give 'im time" Tooth had no time to reply before he was out the door and wading through the crowd of Yeti's, pushing his way past to get out of the door they followed him onto the snow and looked up to see the battle had already commenced and the cloud of sand was falling down over the workshop. North was beating him. In a raging fury he was winning. They could see flashes and shadows appearing through the cloud as it began to fall apart, tearing holes in it and Pitch's sand wasn't regenerating fast enough to close them before another attack was made. The yeti's and Bunny could now clearly see North through a hole, although winning he was clearly wearing out from the manoeuvres of the sleigh and battling with Pitch. But what he had done was enough, Bunny bent his knees and powerfully hopped onto the clouds remainders and began to fight Pitch allowing North a break.

Pitch looked around and saw his cloud had failed, so gathered his remaining sand and flew to the floor, as the sand disappeared underneath Bunny he had time to throw a boomerang at Pitch before falling unexpectatly and landing unconscious on the floor. North's sleigh also dramatically dropped but he regained the deers in time to safely land, but it wasn't enough, Pitch had now gained power and formed a solid chain out of the remaining sand, throwing it precisely at North, catching him by surprise and trapping him in his own sleigh, unable to move his sleigh fell. Causing injuries to the deer and his sleigh. A few Yeti's ran over to their aid whilst the others gained on Pitch, a smirk appeared on his face, not unusual but never a good sign. Out of the sand Pitch created bars, which grew and grew into a cage big enough to contain all the yeti's as they were in formation it was no effort to Pitch to lift and place it on top of them. The sand compacted and turned into stone. And yet even after the idiocy of standing in a square whilst Pitch was placing the cage around them the strongest of Yeti's couldn't escape. The few who had run to North turned to see their fellow Yeti's trapped and circled Pitch, a more tactful approach, on circling Pitch swirled his hands to create a orb of his dark sand and threw it at each of the Yeti's feet, trapping them where they stood.

He had thought of a trap for every participant in this battle, he wandered past the Yeti's laughing at his clear win seeing North still trapped and Bunny's foot barely twitching on the floor, he had won it was clear. Now where was that pesky Tooth fairy. He strode into the workshop, slamming the doors open and whisking his last few sand particles in his hand. The elves saw him and quivered, hiding behind anything that they could, their jingling bells falling deathly silent. A Murderous laugh filled the air bellowing through the empty workshop, echoing until it found its way into Jack's room. Tooth heard the grinding laugher and the feathers on the back of her neck stood up. He was here. Kissing Jack on the head, he stirred slightly, but she lifted herself off her feet and hovered towards and out of the door, silently, only the slight vibrations of her wings could be heard. She flew upwards onto a higher balcony to see if she could spot Pitch before he spotted her. But he had thought of everything and before reaching the balcony Tooth felt her wings turn solid and heavy, she was falling, fast gasping she turned to see her wings encased in some sort of concrete.

Using all of her strength Tooth pushed with her wings but it was truly no use, the split second before she hit the floor she prepared for impact, but instead saw a white flash and the weight was lifted. Her face an inch from the hard wooden floor tooth relaxed her scrunched up face and body feeling her wings delicately drift her to standing erect. Looking around confused she saw a hooded blur jump around the room, heading towards the threat of Pitch, Jack? It couldn't be? Surely, no, wait, it was. With his splintered staff in hand, hood covering his head and his feet carefully placing on the worktops he was sprinting towards Pitch. Surprised by the attack Pitch used his remaining powers and threw everything he had left at Jack, but a sudden surge of energy beaming from Jack had made him faster more manoeuvrable around the empty workshop. Black and white clashed around the room, making it painful to watch Jack's staff was only Matching Pitch's powers until a flying object hit Pitch in the doorway, too fast to recognise, Pitch fell to the floor. Allowing Jack his perfect moment to strike, and win. As Jack reached Pitch in a matter of seconds he stood over him, bare foot on his chest, with the spike of his staff looming over Pitch's face, a bloodied boomerang lay by Pitch's head. Of course, Bunny always had a backup plan. Bringing up the Staff to land it square in Pitches hooked nose a blur of colours stopped Jack. Tooth looking painfully into his eyes, he saw them before he heard her begging voice and took a moment, making his decision. Letting go of his staff as it dropped to the floor breaking off a few splinters before collapsing to the floor on his knees and panting. Blood seeped through his clothes from the re opened wounds. The adrenaline had worn off as his ears began to recognise noises again he heard feet scraping and turned looking to the door. A battered North and bunny entered concerned and relived, seeing Jack hurt again, but Pitch defeated.

As Tooth and Bunny carried Jack once more into his room and laid him on the bed, they heard snoring coming from the bottom half and a few golden grains of sand floating they leaned over and saw a snoozing Sandy, for the whole battle, he had been asleep, well now they needed him. Upon awakening him they told him to find north in the dungeon with Pitch. He hopped out the room with joy on the news of winning and this trouble finally being over. Softly talking to Jack Tooth asked 'Are you going to be okay?' To which Jack replied 'I always am' and with a faded smile falling asleep, with the contentment of knowing, the darkness had been defeated. For the final time. In a darkened room down below all the joy of the workshop stood a chair with a defeated, ruined and battered Pitch sat. Held in a solid gold concrete block " A little something Sandy learnt from you this time" A thick Russian accent commented. Whilst Sandy stood with a smug look and arms folded, "Thanks for that" North laughed before exiting the room. The door clunked closed a number of times before Pitch could hear nothing but his own breath, he would be alone, for a much longer time now.

A Few months later Jack had made a full recovery, although maintaining the scars, and the memories of his experience, they only made him stronger. Jokes were made about the events that had passed and all was forgiven. Jack had visited Jamie a number of times since, leaving out the gory details Jack ave him a quick summary, simply saying how Pitch had returned for vengeance and not succeeded of course. Making sure Jamie was aware of the fact that Pitch was now fully locked up and could never escape he visited him more frequently. To check up on Jamie and allow Jamie to check up on him. The guardians used the attacks to their advantage and learnt how to build up their defence, but the horrific images inserted into their heads would never leave them. In that way, Pitch had won.

//Thank you so much for putting up with my stupid timings and everything else, A new hijack story to follow now so follow me for more, hopefully regular fics! BYEEEE//