Chapter 2

The library smelt of dust and cleaning chemicals. A group of women sat at a table a few feet away from the one Sam was at. Dean would've loved this. They were all fairly good looking, two blondes and three brunettes.

There was a one, who seemed maybe 25, kept glancing over at Sam as if she knew him. Hell, maybe she did, Sam thought as he picked up another book from the small pile. This wasn't his first time in Colorado, and it definitely wouldn't be the last. He just hoped that they would leave soon. He had 3 more hours of research that needed to be done, all thanks to Dean.

Dean had decided to do research out in the 'field' instead of helping in the library. He had dropped Sam off, and drove off. Probably went off to the closest bar he could find to get wasted. Too bad, he's missing all the cute girls.

Finally, after an hour of non stop giggling and whispering, the group of girls finally got up to leave. Sam sighed, stretching and leaning back into the older chair.

He didn't notice that one of the girls, the one who had kept glancing over at him for that past hour, had come over to his table.

"Excuse me," Sam looked up at her, "you dropped this," she handed him a folded paper and rushed out to catch up to her friends.
As soon as they were out of sight, he unfolded the piece of paper.

I know what you are, who you are, and what you do, call me, I have more info.
~Alexis

Underneath the name was a number.

Sam glanced back up at the door as if she would come back. Who was she and how did she know him? More importantly, could she be trusted? Sam decided to wait until him and Dean could talk about it, see if Dean knew who she was.

The bar was only a block away from the library. Sam probably knew that he was here, he wasn't stupid. But who cares, right? It's not like he was messing around either.

He cursed under his breath as the air around him chilled. This has been happening to him for about two months now. It's not like he's haunted or anything, they burned John's body a few days after he died. That was months ago. He was probably still in shock and imagining things. So he groaned and shrugged it off, going back to his drink.

People have their ways of coping with things like this. This was his way, even if it wasn't ideal. But it worked, and that's all that mattered.

He looked down at his watch and sighed. Sam has been at the library for 3 hours now, and Dean spent half of it here and half of it at their motel sleeping. Sam would be calling any minute now. He finished his drink and paid his tab, glad that the numb feeling came along with his last sip of beer. He was comfortably numb for another night.

It was nice out, the sun was blocked out by dark clouds and the air smelt of rain. Dean liked this, so he had rolled down the windows of the impala while he waited for Sam to come out. After about a half an hour, the library doors finally opened and Sam walked out. Dean started the car as soon as Sam was settled.

"So, did you find anything?" He asked, pulling out of the parking lot. Sam nodded.

"Yeah, I'll tell you back at the motel." Dean nods, slipping into silence.