Chapter 1

Nothing was adding up, sure, the families were well and alive, but they were also extremely useless. They were unable to offer any new information that the brothers didn't already have.
The hunt was taking way longer then it should have. The research was painstaking, considering what little they had to work with.
One of the only people who were of any use was a woman named Elizabeth Rogers, a 21 year old mother with a 5 month old child.
On the night her child was taken, Elizabeth had been awoken to the sound of her child crying. Upon hearing this, she had jumped out of her bed and went to check on her child. When she had gotten in the nursery, she claimed that she had seen a women standing next to the crib, holding the child as if it were a valued item. She then explained that she had yelled at the stranger, who, in return, had attacked her and knocked her out. When she had woken up again, she had found herself in her husband's arms, no traces of her child or the woman. She was then taken straight to the hospital where they had found a trace of snake venom in Elizabeth's blood.

Ian, the lead agent of the CSI unit assigned to the case was also fairly useful.

Basically, when Ian's team had gotten to the crime scene, there was barely any visible evidence. The metal frame to the window was bent on the sides, proof that there was a forced entry. Then, after collecting stray hairs found on the window and crib, they had moved on to the spot where Elizabeth was found. No blood was evident, so they then exposed the room to a handheld black light. Two spots had caught their attention; one spot was located in the spot where Elizabeth's husband had found her, and the other was located on the railing of the crib. They weren't able to get a sample of the substance off the rug, but they were able to get what was left off of the railing, which was sent straight to the lab for analysis.

"Why's the FBI getting involved in a missing person's case anyways?" Ian asks, going through the many piles of paper that had littered his desk.

"Well, we believe that there is a link between this case and the murder cases from last year." Sam responds, eyeing his brother who was sitting next to him, staring blankly at the wall behind the agent's desk. Ian froze, staring blankly at the papers in front of him.

"Possibly," he responds, finally glancing up at the two. He wore an emotional mask, one similar to what Dean wears when he is trying to hide his guilt, remorse, or anger. And Sam couldn't figure out what emotion this one was hiding.But he shrugged it off, focusing back on the job.

"The file had said that the victims had been killed by an unknown venom, is that correct?" Sam questions. Ian nods in response, returning to what he was doing.

"Well, two out of three had died with an overdose of said venom."

"How did the third victim die?"

"She had died from massive blood loss, but there was a small trace of the venom found in her blood work." He gives them a side look, "The third victim, Tracy, she was a good kid. She was...she was my little sis." He sighs.

"I'm sorry for your loss,"
Ian shakes his head, handing the manila folder full of reports and analysis sheets for all of the cases.
"I just want whatever did this caught."

"We understand that, and we will contact you if we find anything else," Sam stands up, Dean following. Ian only nods, sitting back at his desk.

He watched as the black impala drove off, leaving a small cloud of dirt behind. He knew not to get his hopes up.