Chapter 17: Cato

I pull Clove away toward the train. She is screaming and kicking, and she has a good reason. Her house is burning down, her sister is being pulled away by peacekeepers, and her parents are probably being burned to death.
"No." she whispers when we get onto the train. Her knees buckle and she falls to the ground, her eyes wide, face pale.
"Are you okay?" I ask her. I know we broke up, but it doesn't mean that I don't still care for her.
"Why do you care?" she says hotly.
"I was just wondering." I say defensively.
"Well, instead of sticking your nose in other peoples business, why don't you mind your own." Clove says rudely, walking away.
I stare at her, not trying to stop her. I know Clove better than anyone, other then her family, and when she acts like this, it's best to leave her alone.
"Well, let's go get something to eat." Kitty says. When we get to the dining train, I see a girl with braids that almost go down to her waist, and a boy with curly-ish brown hair.
"Hello, District 2." the girl with braids says. When she looks at me, I instantly recognize her.
"Glimmer!" I say, feeling very surprised.
"Cato? I didn't expect you to be picked." Glimmer says.
"I didn't expect you to be picked either..." I look at her. Make Clove jealous so she'll come back to you. I think to myself. I smile at Glimmer and motion for her to follow me. She stands up and follows me. Once we get out of sight of the others, I pull her close and start kissing her.
"Cato!" she says, surprise in her eyes.
"Glimmer, I love you." I whisper. Not, I think to myself.
"I-I love you too." she says. I smile and start kissing her again. Once I glance past her and see Clove glaring at us. I start kissing Glimmer again. When I glance up, Clove is gone.
"We should go back." I say. Glimmer nods.
"There are the to love birds." Clove says, annoyance in her eyes. And, unless I'm losing it, I think there is hurt in her eyes.
Why would she be hurt? I think to myself.