Chapter Three ~past shadows~

Oh my gosh. She had traveled back in time. 

  She watched herself pick up a guitar and test it, her hands traveling lovingly down the neck.  The past Aelia had no idea what was about to happen to her. The present Aelia wished it hadn't. Or wouldn't. Whatever the tense was when you traveled back in time.  She wished this whole strange escapade would end, and then time traveling would stop, Bongo would fade away, and some form of normalcy would return to her messed up world. Maybe this whole thing was a dream, and she would wake up for it all to be over.  She brushed her fingers against the leg of the desk she was hiding behind, feeling the cold metal. She heard her past self singing softly along to the guitar. Obviously this wasn't a dream. Everything was real, and tangible.

How did she get back to her time, and her bedroom again though? She couldn't be trapped back in time, right? She had traveled here, so she could travel back. Hopefully.

Aelia looked up to see herself stop singing and playing the guitar, and her heart beat a thousand times faster. She hadn't realized how the music had soothed herself, albeit her predicament. She noticed the beat of the bongo, and swiveled her head around to see the faint outline of Bongo in the drum bashing his beak into the head in his attempt to escape. It still remained a mystery how he actually got himself trapped under the drum in the first place.

Bongo thumped against the drum again, and past Aelia dropped the guitar in surprise. Present Aelia quickly lifted her hands to cover her ears, and banging them against the desk in the process. She glanced up at her past self, worrying that she had heard the noise, but it seemed the sound had been covered by the crash of the guitar.

  Her past self crept up to the drum, and was almost upon it when Bongo tore open the head of the bongo and peeked his odd head out. He turned around, swinging the bongos along, which then knocked down a harp as Aelia remembered it, and his black, beady eyes focused on the present Aelia. Aelia tried to make herself as small as possible. She was short for her age, and her figure was slim and boyish, but nevertheless, she felt terribly large and exposed behind the desk.  Perhaps if she could travel in time, she could shrink. Aelia quickly disposed of that thought. Better not to try.

  "H-hello, little fella," Aelia heard her past self say, and Bongo's head turned away from her, lifting the gaze that had threatened to reveal her. Aelia felt much safer now that his attention had been removed from her, but the strong urge to flee remained. She had to return to her present time. Reverse whatever had caused her to travel here.

How had she gotten here, then? She had been concentrated on this room, and this exact time, recalling all the singular details, and then suddenly, she was here. So if she did the same with her bedroom, would she travel back? It was worth a try. Unless...

She could stay. She could see how the students had gotten into the classroom after she had closed the door. It would be risky, but maybe, just maybe, she could pull it off.

Aelia slowly leveled herself into a crouch, ready to dash when her past self turned her back. Right now she was behind a desk, quite the daring position if the students arrived. They would definitely spot her, and Aelia had no idea what would happen then. She would have to move, and quickly.

"Lemme help you there," Aelia's past self said, removing the harp from Bongo's head.

Aelia counted down slowly in her head, waiting for the exact right moment. Three...

"Good birdy."

Two...

Aelia's past self lifted up the bongo drum.