Envy

I watch Scott and Stiles argue about something. At this point, I could care less. Scott broke my best friend's heart. And Stiles hurt my boyfriend, whom I love very much. Yes, I've wanted to punch him for awhile but that doesn't give anyone else the right to. Not even the boy I'm in love with.

"We- I love you. I love you! You're my best friend in the whole wide world." Stiles says as Scott makes his way towards me. Oh god, what now?

"Hey Lydia, can we talk for a second?" Scott says. His shaggy hair is still cut the exact same way it was in sixth grade. I wonder if he's thinking about our memories from third grade.

"Of course." I have to admit, I wish I never would have fallen into the popular crowd. Even though I'm mad at these two right now, I miss them. I miss their clumsiness and their idea of fun.

"Is this about the other night? You needed someone to talk to?"

"Just- I need to ask you something." He says. He seems distracted. By what? I wait patiently."Do, uh, do you know if Allison still likes me?"

"Of course she still likes you." I say. At the mention of Allison, I remember how much he hurt her. Maybe it's time for him to be hurt. "She'll always like you." I wait for a second for dramatic effect. "As friends." I smirk, happy with myself. That's when I remember what Stiles did. He needs to be hurt like Jackson was.

"If you ask me of course, nobody asks me, she made a big mistake." I say, moving towards him. "Ask me how I know that."

"How?" His eyes are angry now. That's how I know I made an impression. Good, because I'm about to make another one.

"Because I know you locked us in there to protect us.Because I know that when a guy risks his life for you, you should be grateful."

"Are you grateful?"

"I think you'd be pretty surprised at just how grateful I can be." I close the distance between us with one step, crushing my lips against his. I smile deviously. I hope this hurts.

*

"Is he okay?" I ask Jackson, looking at Danny who is bleeding all over the field.

"It looks like he just has a bloody nose-" He pauses, making me panic.

"What?"

"Your lipstick." He points to my lips. Crap. I pull out my mirror and check my makeup.

"Oh, wonder what happened." I say, trying to brush it off.

"Yeah, I wonder." Jackson says. The way he looks at my two old friends tells me that he knows. He knows that I kissed one of them. I just royally screwed up.

This could be the end of us.