Where It All Began

It was the first day of third grade. I was dressed in a purple skirt and a unicorn shirt. My hair was twisted into a braid, long enough to touch the middle of my back. I felt like the prettiest girl in the school.

My mom leads me to my classroom. "Are you excited?" She asks, smiling at me. I nod happily. I can't wait to get into the room and talk to my friends.

"I love you, Lydia. Have fun." She kisses my head before pushing me towards the classroom. All the sudden, I'm not as excited anymore. None of my friends are in this class and everyone is already making new ones. So far I'm the odd one out.

"Hi." A boy says to me. He has the most adorable brown eyes.

"Hi." I say, smiling.

"What's your name?" He says. Another boy comes up next to him. I recognize him from last year. I think his name is Scott.

"I'm Lydia." I say to both of them.

"I'm Stiles." He says. That's a weird name. "Wanna sit by me?" I nod.

"I snuck in some food, want some?" He says, holding out a juice box.

"Yes. Thanks." I take the juice box from him, drinking in the grape flavor. I hate grape, but I don't want to hurt his feelings.

"Lydia, there's no eating." The teacher scolds me. Stiles, Scott, and I start giggling. Stiles takes the juice from me, drinks the rest of it, then throws it away.

That's the day I started liking Stiles Stilinski.