"W-We fought... She pushed me onto a glass table, cutting my skin, and also my heart. Lora broke that bond of twins between us when she chose her 'mate'," Thalia snarled at the term, eyes shining with a dam desperate to break. "...over her sister."

Raven trembled. Thalia looked down at the youngster. "I haven't seen her since. The vampire who disguised herself as her mate was killed by Lady Seraphina. She found her true mate, a Hunter like my own, but Lora no longer trusts anyone. Seraphina keeps me updated on her, no doubt she does the same for her as well, but we will never be the same. It's been two years since I've seen her. I no longer feel her emotions... hear her thoughts... I don't even know where she is-"

Thalia choked on her words and hugged Raven tightly as she admitted what hurt her the most. "I lost my sister. It's nothing to what you've been through, but to me it is the worst."

Raven sniffed with her head pressed against the Princess's chest. Her heartbeat was strong and clear, but Raven feared she wouldn't hear her own soon. Her wolf, she knew it now, was killing her. Slowly. Painfully.

"I..." Raven swallowed the tears that had flooded her mouth. "I don't know anything anymore." The admission didn't lift the weight from her shoulders but seemed to solidify it. She had confirmed the hollow of her heart, she had accepted it was true... shouldn't she feel better?

"My wolf... she's different. I don't know how to explain it... Thalia, it wasn't me that hurt the man, I was just scared and she took over, I don't know what to do! I don't know what to do anymore! I just don't know!"

"Shh." Thalia assured, re-wrapping her arms around the shaking pup. Raven pressed herself against the Princess as though trying to contain some of her warmth. "I'm here Raven."

More tears slipped from her grey eyes after hearing the same she gave herself. "I don't even know if that's my r-real name." She sobbed. Her words were coated with pain but she tried to make them as clear as possible. "I don't remember anything."

"You will in time." Thalia dry sobbed. She had to be strong. For Raven, I need to be strong. I can cry later, but now I need to be here for her. "I promise, you'll remember."

"How... how do you know?" Raven whined as her tears fell on the muddy earth beneath them. Her shining eyes followed the remnants of her sorrows into the river.

"Because you never forget." Thalia spoke and gently tucked a finger under her chin, guiding her to look into her eyes. Once so, she removed her finger. "You remember how to speak, do you not? You never forget such important things in your life; I will never forget my sister, my mate, my family. My memories may fade but the emotions behind them; never."

Raven's chin wobbled like jelly being spooned from the plate. It crinkled as Thalia spoke her words. "You will find yourself again pup, and I promise I'll be beside you every step of the way; right next to you."

The clouds started to shed again as Thalia's promise weaved its way into Raven's still-existing heart. Raven started to weep again but one question was on her mind.

"What about him?" She blurted before curling up against the golden wolf. "Why did he do this to me? To my wolf?"

Thalia paused in her words as she clutched Raven once again. Buchannan Blood was a cruel and evil soul; she didn't need Raven's words to convince her so. The Princess of the Wolves had read his profile and knew of all the treacherous and unspeakable things he had done. Experimentation of werewolves however? That was a new step for him. First Seraphina, now Raven.

While Seraphina had escaped with the help of Lord Thaddeus, may he rest with the Moon's grace, Buchannan's intention with the Silver wolf was a mystery. Maybe he intended for her to be the start of a weapon? To use the wolves own against them? No one will ever truly know, but Seraphina adapted. She accepted the silver, Elliot too, and now she can be happy with her mate.

Raven however was a different matter.

She'd been taken who knows when, by who knows what, from who knows where. Raven can't remember anything besides the torture she went through. Meredith, the blood-sucking leech who impersonated Lorraine's mate, might have known but she's dead. Buchannan, her even worse leech father, is the only one who could know anything. Thalia, deep down, knew that he wouldn't give up anything voluntarily.

Why would they need an unstable wolf? A young female wolf, who must not have even been sixteen? What was he planning... what is he planning?

Buchannan was still after Raven. The minions who had attacked herself and Elijah on the way to the cabin said so themselves. They were still after Raven... but why?

Rebekah said that he is most likely seeking revenge for the death of Meredith, and still for vengeance against the Moon Pack; Seraphina's former Pack which was wiped only hours before her rescue by her brother.

"I don't know." Thalia admitted to the crying pup. Raven needed answers and time to heal however Thalia feared that she wouldn't get any over a cup of tea on a picnic blanket...

If Buchannan wants vengeance on Lady Seraphina... what would he do?

Thalia's heart stopped as the worst outcome came into her head. Please, Moon Goddess...

Please tell me it's not war.

Please.