Clarity

Twiggy's P.O.V.

I knew where I was going. I couldn't explain it, but I'd been here before. I knew where I was. I was at. The forest, between many trees & on the firm soil.

I knew where I was going. Well, not precisely where I was going. I just knew the way but not necessarily where I was going.

I smiled, feeling a sense of familiarity that I haven't felt, until just recently. The feeling of familiarity was caLming in a sense. I've never felt that before.I liked it, mainly because everything was so alien or like I was a new born baby except I was born with common knowledge. Y'know, maybe tonight I'd finally know what happened, since things felt like I knew them from somewhere.

Tonight was a clear night. No fog. Though a blanket of darkness cast a shadow of everything on everything, the yellow moon provided me with some sort of light. Sure, the trees weren't exactly too visible because they were more like giant silhouettes, but I wasn't walking around blindly. It should be eerie right now. I wasn't intimidated, though. It felt like home here & for once in a long time, things seemed light.

And sure there was still this weird dark aura that was following me, but I liked it. I think, like in the dream, there was a presence with me at this very moment. It was dark but it was a beautiful presence. I think I'm getting attached to it & I want to know more. I kept running & as I got deeper into the forest, I felt like he was closer. It's dark, its mysterious. I can tell from the aura. I know that this aura was a beautiful male. Dark & mysterious. I think I like guys like that. And more than that, I knew I wasn't alone right now in this scary forest. I don't know. I had a light feeling toward this presence right now.

I smiled. The wind was cool & gently blowing on my face. Tonight felt like freedom, which is strange. I felt like all of my burdens were lifted & I was finally free again.

I laughed. Tonight I'm staying here! I don't care but I'm leaving it all behind so I could stay here in the forest & just disappear. I'm leaving it all behind!!

I ran faster laughing like an idiot as if laughing could erase scare away the demons. I ran fast like I was trying to outrun the past & trying to catch up to the distant memories I lost. I carried around such heavy emotions but as I ran away, those emotions began to fly away from me, leaving me to feel completely light.

And eventually, although it took a while, I eventually ran out of energy & just walked calmly. Zig zagging through trees, I looked around calmly. Maybe I could find something of interest.. Maybe I can find slenderman? Haha. Or maybe.. I'd find him. He'll help me.

This is a treasure hunt of some sorts, I guess. If it isn't a getaway then that's what it is: a treasure hunt. I'm hunting for clues to piece together so I could figure things out. A man with nothing is a poor man but a man with no past is no man, & the hunt for this comes with a high price but at least there was a chance it could be found. I'll take that chance. I might not even find it tonight, but this is a start. I felt confident that this would be successful, though. Just some strange feeling. It would help if that beautiful man just popped up right now, I thought as I realized that it was starting to get foggy.

My eyes darted around the forest, just scanning the area. I kept walking, feeling safe despite that many things could be lurking. And then all of a sudden the ground beneath me disappeared in my next step & I was left wide eyed & gasping, too shocked to even scream. But before I knew it, I fell onto my back with a thud.

What just happened...?

Confused, I sat up slowly, but when I did my eyes found themselves staring at the man I saw from across the street. He was now right in front of me, standing right before the sudden mini cliff where I was about to fall into. The feeling of a presence with me disappeared, but I know whose aura that belonged to. This man right here, that's him. His eyes were dark & mysterious but his expression seemed gentle & sweet. Could this really be the man that was outside the window? Was it him in my dreams? Was it him that night I couldn't bring myself to fully remember?