Dream & ReaLity

Twiggy's P.O.V.

Soon I found myself lost in the thick forest. It' was dark & it was raining. I'm soaked & my vision is obscured by a dense fog. It's muddy & slippery, too atrocious to be out in this situation.

Gotta keep running. Gotta keep running. Must get away!!

As of now, that was the only thought that was coursing through my mind. The rain became much, much heavier & wet clothes were weighing me down. The soil turned soft & at some points it was muddy. The rough terrain did not help any. The fog somewhat cleared but it was still pretty hard to see, the darkness cast over my surroundings was overwhelming.

And now my heart was pounding so wildly in my chest that I could practically hear it in my head, pulsating & echoing throughout my mind.

Boom boom. Boom boom.

My sides ached from running so hard, my legs were just about to give in underneath me, & my chest felt as if it were to explode. My lungs felt like it was burning, my heart was pounding. Each huge intake of air hurt, but I couldn't help it at all. At this point I was extremely exhausted. It didn't help any when I had to twist & zig zag around trees here & there as to not ram myself into a Herculean tree trunk then wind up as his little blood pack. I just had to keep running & running, non stop. I never felt confident that his presence was far away from me. He was here. He was following me. I had to get away as fast as I could! No stopping me. Not even the fact that the muddy & slippery terrain could be atrocious scared me. What terrified me was what was out there, what could happen. There was a something out there, although beautiful, it was dark & it was a mystery I didn't dare to want to find out...

I shot up from my bed, panting & aching everywhere like I was actually running away from what my brain recognized as a male presence. This aura was intense, I could tell. It was a very dark one that even in the physical world I could sometimes fell. Weird, right? Some type of ghost was fucking with me.

Strangely enough, I was covered in mud & rain water. Through all of that, I swore I was sweating like crazy. No, I wasn't phased by this. I was really more intrigued. Could this repetitive dream be a key to my past? Why was I running? Did it have anything to do with the reason why I lost my memory? I wanted to know more. I needed to know more.

About a year ago I woke up in the forest lying on the muddy ground, soaking wet from possibly a previous rain. I was covered in bruises & scrapes, my head was awfully painful. When I got hold of a mirror I found that I was bleeding slightly on my forehead. How I got there, I didn't know & to this day I was still unsure, but I wanted to know more still. I was there for a reason. I woke up with no memory for a reason. I just knew there was a reason behind everything. A man with no past is no man, & sometimes seeking for this sort of treasure comes with a high cost, but at least it would be found.

As I pondered with this same thought, just like every night before this one, my body had collected itself & I was now somehow calmer. Sure, I was panting lightly, but I was okay overall. Y'know, besides the fact that I was covered in mud, sweat, & rain water. The dreams are weird enough as is, but where the Hell does the mud & rain water come from? The sweating & panting is also understandable seeing that I was experiencing a nightmare, but how did my body hurt so much? My lungs were burning & my heart was thumping. My sides hurt & my legs felt like they'd buckle underneath me.

This was all so, so real. It lead me to believe that the dream was real, at times. It could've been real. There's no telling what is or what isn't real anymore, but I knew that the possibilities are endless. I did wake up at a forest, right below a long drop. Maybe I was running (for whatever reason I didn't really know why) & then I fell & broke my head, resulting in memory loss. That could explain my aching head & the bleeding on me. And then.. No that couldn't have been true. The wound was on my forehead, but I landed on my back. If I did land on my forehead, I'd be dead at this point. So, no that couldn't have been it. I didn't fall. I was just there.

Suddenly, I felt this weird heavy feeling on the back of my head, like the same feeling I get when someone's watching me. The feelings weren't as intense as feeling an entity's presence with me, but the strange tingling feeling was still there nonetheless. And worse, it felt familiar. Familiar in the sense that it was what I felt during the dream.

There was something here... I looked up at the large window on the foot of my bed & saw someone peeking into my window, only confirming my suspicions.
The silhouette was there only for a split second or so, which made me unable to full process what or who it was. Still, I was sure of what I saw & felt. Someone was out there.

Curious, I hopped out of bed & didn't even bother to change into non-bloody clothing. Maybe this person knew me before, or something to that effect. Its aura seemed to be familiar, so that's a sign. It must've been someone from that dream.

But what if it were my persecutor that night in the forest? If it were some crazy bastard then alright! I had nothing much to lose anyways. I wanted to know who & why they were after me. Why were they checking up on me? Could it be who was after me that night? I would go out there into the unknown to chase after my chaser. I had to go & find out. At least I'd acquire knowledge, right?

Ah... Curiosity killed the cat, Jeordie. Are you seriously going out there? Heck, yes! I needed to know more. I wanted to know things.

Without further ado, I dashed out of my apartment, then out the building, until I found myself roaming aimlessly around the streets. There were hardly any peoe around here & whoever I spotted couldn't possibly fit the description of my persecutor.

No, an old lady can't run after me in the forest. Not some homeless guy resting on a bus stop. I kept walking, but there were seriously no people around.

The atmosphere was eerie, with dim street lights & cars that would sometimes pass by. It scared me whenever a car would pull over. Will they kidnap me? The darkness of the night provided as an invisibility cloak for criminal minds. Anything could happen.

Across the street was a man clad in black, standing tall with long black hair. Could this be him? He seemed rather familiar. He is familiar! I knew him somewhere. I swore we'd met before.

His eyes were obscured by my horrible vision, but I knew his eyes were locked in mine. My heard was hammering in my chest, thumping, thumping, thumping. Could it be? Someone I knew? He could be the key holder to my past!! It was like a light bulb lit above the darkest & most unvisited place in my brian, because I felt like I really did know him from somewhere, sometime from the past.

I needed to see this man, but as I realized this, the man was scurrying away out of sight.
"Wait!!" I shouted. There were no cars around on the road & I doubted anyone would come speeding by, so I ran for it. Wet dreadlocks whipped at my even wetter face. It was hard to keep them away from my face!

When I got across the street, I couldn't quite remember where the man went. FUCK!! I must've forgotten somehow when my hair was getting all over me. Stupid hair! I'd have to cut you soon. With a sigh, I rounded a nearby corner. He wasn't there, of course. Somehow he disappeared. Maybe I'd find him still but... Holy shit!

I'd never been to this part of town before, to the best of my knowledge. Everything seemed familiar, though. Houses, bus stops, shops n shit. This was almost the outskirts of the city where a few blocks straight ahead from where I was standing was the forest.

I pressed on, turning left then right then another left then straight a few blocks. Despite lacking much knowledge of this area, it seemed like I knew from intuition where to go, but I really didn't know where I was taking myself. I didn't know where I was going. My feet simply carried me on.

I soon found myself passing by an old looking house that seemed like plants were beginning to consume it. Snake-like vines crawled up from the black iron gates then up the walls of the oLd house. Those vines flowered with all sorts of pretty violet things, pretty at night & gorgeous in the morning. Or vise versa. The house looked like some mini gothic castle. And then, boom. This felt so familiar that I couldn't help but stare at it. And then I felt the presence again, only this time it seemed farther away. I dashed away & the aura of some sorts seemed to from closer it was very distinct; it seemed to belong from a beautiful man with a dark & mysterious personality, the same aura & type of presence I'd feel.
As I got closer & deeper into the forest, the energy of him grew stronger.

Weird, right?
Comment, vote, share, whatever the fuck. Thank you for reading!!