Chapter 1

You could say the boys were excited for school the next day because Michael literally woke up at 5 am when school starts at 7 am, well if you want breakfast.

Calum well, he didn't sleep that night. When he woke up, he snuck to the kitchen cabinet and found five hour energy and used that.

Michael, as eager as he was, he had already put down an outfit. Funny right? Michael is not an organized person but when Calum came into the picture, he wanted to look good, smell good, kiss goo- no.

Anyways, yeah, you could say they were excited. Calum made his mom breakfast, Michael had to shove his mom awake to tell her that he was going to leave in about, thirty minutes.

He already has an outfit but hasn't changed. Oh well. He put the flannel and black jeans with his white vans. He brushed his teeth, making sure his breath was minty fresh.

Calum on the other hand, had already put his clothing on which was a plain white shirt and black jeans with his checkered vans.

He made his mom pancakes with chocolate chips in them and ate two. He brushed his teeth and put two five hour energy bottles in his backpack.

This all happened at 6. Calum got his moms phone and Michael got his moms phone and took the paper with a number scribbled on it.

Ring ring ri- "Hello?"

Michael sighed hearing Calum's voice on the other end.  "Cal? If you are ready to go to school I'll head out and pick you up okay? Walk together?" Michael asked and Calum sighed in relief because that's what he wanted. "Yeah, I'll wait outside okay, bye mike."  And then the other line was dead.

"Mom I'm leaving! See you later!" Michael yelled and in response his mom groaned loudly.

Michael giggled, setting the phone down on the counter and picked up his backpack.

Calum went to his mom, poked her cheek and whispered "Mom I'm leaving now, I made you food. Love you." And kissed her forehead before walking out.

Calum waited outside on the porch while eating a pancake and holding two for Michael.

Michael was walking to Calum's house and practically beamed when seeing Calum.

Calum was looking down, not paying attention to the world around him.

Michael quietly walked to Calum but Calum being annoying, looked up before Michael could scare him.

"Ugh! You didn't let me scare you." Michael complained, groaning obnoxiously and Calum laughed, handing the two pancakes to Michael.

Michael nodded thankfully and started eating the food and Calum grabbed his backpack and started to walk.

Calum was hyper but tired. Michael was tired but... no, he was just tired. "I'm happy it's Friday tomorrow." Michael said, mouth full. "No! That means tests and I never study." Calum complained, practically feeling Michael's eyes roll.

"I'm bad at spelling!" Calum exclaimed, tossing his hands in the air. Michael wrapped his arm around Calum, squeezing his side as if saying "It's alright". Calum smiled and poked his cheek. People on the outside view would think they were dating and that made Calum blush.

They were still walking, but the school was in sight. All the cars, kids, teachers. Ew people. Well, Calum was an exception.

As they approached the front of the school a teacher spotted them, smiling at them fondly, then turned to the music teacher and talked. The music teacher then turned around to see them and smiled widely.