Chapter 33

The vehicle must've been moving the whole time, because I feel Archer carefully grabbing me, guiding me out of the vehicle. The first thing I see is Dana hugging Archer, then Adam's pair of arms around me. He hold me tight, saying something that I can't hear, then I feel Dana arms around me.

"I can't believe you're alive." Is all she says.

I can't believe it either.

"You guys are like super humans or something, I swear you have to be," Adam says, and Archer playfully pushes his shoulder. I smile at them, not really realizing how good of a relationship they have. You would think they knew each other for their whole lives. It's a special kind of friendship, between them.

I spot Dave, and go up to him, wrapping my arms around him. "Thank you." Is all I can manage to say, but I owe him more than that.

"The bomb was close to you Mia, are you sure you're okay?" He asks, and I nod, even though I can still feel the ringing in my ears. Dave calls Archer over, wanting to talk to both of us. We walk away from the pile of people.

"We need you guys on TV." Dave begins. "Because I think...I think things are really beginning to change."

"Change how?" Archer asks.

"The people in the domes. I think their slowly starting to learn about the Alliance. They all know about you two from tv. And I think they need you guys, to lead them. They don't fully understand the governments wicked ways, they need guidance..."

"And you think we can lead them?" I ask Dave.

"If they see you two on TV, alive, I think some will follow. You need to explain how living like they do isn't right, stuff like that." Dave says.

"And when are we doing this?" I ask, glancing at Archer, but his blue eyes are fixed on Dave.

"Maybe take a shower, eat a little something, and we'll be ready," he says. I take a deep breath, trying to take it all in. Dave smiles at me. "Just say what you think. I think people are truly looking up to you, so don't change who you are." He says. I nod, following Archer to our rooms. He opens his door and I stay behind him, not realizing what I'm doing until the door hits me lightly in the face. I back up a little, startled.

"Mia! Are you alright?" He asks, and I nod, laughing a little. "Why'd you close the door right in my face?" I ask.

He looks at me curiously. "Why were you coming into my room?" I open my mouth, but no explanation comes out.

"Oh."

He laughs, and my face grows red. He invites me in, but I tell him I'll meet him there after I shower. I head back to my room, pulling out a pair of tight black pants and a T-shirt. I take a strangely fast shower, and go into Archer's room. He walks past, in only a black pair of pants. He reaches for a shirt, but I spot something.

His back.

There's more scares, it seems. Like he got whipped another time, some scars more pink than others. Did he get whipped back at the government? Is he not telling me everything?

"What?" Archer stares at me, putting his shirt on. I don't want to ask him now, we just escaped the government. I shake my head and walk out the door. We quick grab something to eat, meeting Adam and Dana at a table. It's like a little reunion, being back with these three. Though Archer and I can't stay long, and find Dave along with some camera men.

"We're ready whenever you are." Dave tells us, and I look up at Archer. "You know what your going to say?"

"No clue. My idea was to wing it." Archer shrugs, looking back down at me. I shrug back. "Ready, then?" I ask, and he laughs a little and nods. We stand together, watching as Dave counts down from ten.

Gosh, what do I say?

"Seven, six, five."

I hope Archer will figure something out.

"Four, three."

Just be yourself. Dave said.

"Two.." He lip syncs the number one, and I realize we're on live.

"Hello everyone. It would be greatly appreciated if you all listened to our message today, for we have some very important things to share." Archer's voice almost startles me.

Doesn't seem like he's winging it to me.

"I'm Archer.." I hear him pause.

"And I'm Mia." I step in, feeling a bit more confident. "Some of you may recognize us, from previous government messages."

"The government wants us dead, but here we stand back home, at the Alliance." Archer says, and I realize we're just going to go back and forth. My turn.

"We wanted you all to know that the government is the bad guy here, not us." I glance at Archer, who's eyes are directly on the camera.

"They think separating us and stuffing us in domes will solve everything. But what good is it doing?" His mouth closes, a signal for me to speak.

"Here at the Alliance, we live free, together. Fighting our one true enemy." I speak, and I spot Dave giving us a thumbs up.

"And we need you all in order to do it. The government is not what it seems. They think they can kill us, though they are no match for the Alliance. But you all are a perfect match.

"So please, come join us. So we can change the way we live. So we can live free." I say, and Dave yells "cut!"

"I never knew you guys were professional speakers!" Dave says happily. Archer and I look at each other, shrugging. "So it was okay then?" I ask.

"Fantastic! Let's just hope the people will follow." He says. "You guys are done, get some rest."

Archer and I head back, and I take a huge breath.

"You good?" He asks.

"It's just so hard to believe. How we could change things. Us. I mean.."

"What the hell, right?" Archer says. "It's surreal."

"Yeah. Do you really think it'll happen? Will people follow?" I ask, staring into Archer's wide blue eyes. He looks out past the fence.

"You know what.." He pauses, looking back at me and smiling. "I really think so."

Hello!!!

So, I'm thinking that the next chapter will be the last of book one!!!!!

Please keep voting and commenting, and share this story with others so it can rank high on adventure!!

Thank you😊💜