Chapter 26

Archer's POV

I must be claustrophobic.

Either that, or this cell is just really making me go crazy. It's dark, except for the light right over the cell, making a spotlight in the middle of it. I sit against the wall, tucking my knees up to my chest. My wrist are on fire from the cuffs, but I still pull on them. I don't know why, I don't need any more pain than their going to give me.

I hear footsteps coming down. I would expect guards, but these footsteps are light and quick. I see a figure, but they stop in the dark so I can't see them.

"Ah, this is just fantastic," I hear a familiar voice say, but I still can't tell. But she then walks so I can see her.

Abby.

I tense up. Shit. She's going to beat the living hell out of me. I look up at her, trying to keep a glare. She casually rests her hand on the gun in her pocket.

"They said I can't kill you. But anything else was okay." She unlocks the cell, and she kicks me right away, making me go on my side, hunched over.

"Not feeling so powerful anymore, huh?" She kicks me again, and I try to sit back up. But she punches the back on my head with such force my chin slaps the cement hard.

"Shit." I whimper, trying to get up again, but Abby sends another kick, and I lay on my side, my face glued to the ground. I spit out blood, and feel some running down my nose. But then she kicks nonstop, a good dozen in a short period of time. She savors each one, kicking her hardest. Each kick makes me cry out, making it hard to breath. I'm out of it when she stops, and I lay flat on the ground, too tired and weak to move.

She grabs my hair and drags my head up. I look up, but I can barely see Abby through my blurry vision. All I can see is her fist raised for a second, then she swings it hard at my jawline. I lay on my stomach, feeling myself go unconscious. But I feel her kick me once more, bringing me back to life.

And I hear something crack.

Then I feel it. My rib. I scream, trying to turn over, to stop putting pressure on it. But I can't move. Every breath I take is like breathing underwater. I hear my cell door open and close.

"Help..me." I cry, my chest burning. But Abby's gone, she probably wasn't suppose to injure me this bad. I lay there, using all my might to turn onto my back. I yell out, finding some strength in me. I turn myself over, my rib aching. I choke on my own blood, I can't cough, I can barely breathe.

Suck it up.

I grit my teeth, spitting out my blood. I force myself to sit up. Then I lay my head against the wall.

Please, don't be broken.

I lift my shirt and look at my rib. I see a large bruise there, all swelled up. It hurts like no other, but I'm breathing. I didn't go unconscious, so I assume that's a good sign. But my jaw aches, and my stomach has red rashes from Abby's kicks.

Guards come down minutes after. They open my cell and grab me roughly, and I cry out, gripping one of the guards arm. But I let go immediately, not wanting them to know I'm hurt that bad. I can't help but slouch over a little, though. We walk to a different room, but when I see what's in there, my body sinks. The guards still walk, dragging me by my arms. I close my eyes, praying when I open them it'll be gone.

The whipping post.

But then I feel the guards lift my shirt over my body, and they tie my hands on the post above my head. I hear the door open, and see Tom and his wife walk in. I grit my teeth, staring back at the ground.

"Oh my, look," Tom's wife says. I feel her hand on my back, tracing down my spine. I shiver at her touch.

"Looks like you've been through this before. So, this shouldn't be a problem for you, no?" Tom says.

Don't say anything. Be difficult.

"Quiet today. Is it because of Abby?" I see Tom's wife leaning next to me. I keep my eyes fixed to the floor, ignoring her. I hear her sigh with disgust, and she gives me a little kick, right where my hurt rib is. I take a breath and shut my eyes tight. I try my best to hide it, but I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

Not a tear. Not a freakin' tear. Way to hide it, Archer.

I quick wipe it on my shoulder, but I know Tom's wife saw it. I know she did.

But any worry about that quickly fades away when I feel the whip slap my bare back. I clench my jaw and groan, resting my head against the post.

That was only one whip.

The pain is familiar. Hell, this happened just weeks ago. What day is it, anyway?

Another whip. I cry out, biting my lip until I taste the blood. The whip takes the breath out of me. But I can't get any more air in, because of my rib.

It's June second. My birthday.

I laugh, raising my head in the air. I feel blood run down my throat, but I could care less. Another whip. My laugh ceases into a chuckle.

Happy fucking birthday to me.

"What are.." A whip interrupts me. "the odds!" I look back down, tears flowing from my eyes.

I'm seventeen.

At least I made it to seventeen.

My back is on fire, my old scars opening up. And after the next whip, I full on scream. But then I can't even breath.

"My.." I can't talk, it takes to much effort. My rib can't take it, and I worry if I actually broke it. I take awkward, short breaths, choking on each one.

"What's happening?" I hear Tom, and I slam my head into the post, trying to black myself out. Trying to take the pain away, the torturing feeling of not being able to breath.

"I know." I hear Tom's wife say. She turns my body to the side, and I slouch over, showing them my stomach. I glance down at my rib, which is now black and blue and swelled up badly.

"Dammit, somebody get a doctor!"

No, don't get a doctor. End it. Stop it, let me be.

"No," I sigh, but someone unties my hands, and I collapse on the cold ground. I can't get a breath, and I panic at first. But then I don't fight it. I don't try to breath.

Leave me alone.

But then I see two people dressed in white, trying to help me up. I try to fight, but my body can't fight without air. They lift up my limp body.

"Stop," I use the rest of my oxygen. They put a mask over my mouth, but I don't get to take a breath from it. I blackout before they can even try. Good.

HELLO!!!!😊

So I'm sorry this chapter was a bit violent, that's just the way it goes!😁

BUT, HOW R YA LIKING IT SO FAR? I think I've lost some readers, but I know some of you guys are still reading it! So thank you for that!

Also, PLEASE keep voting and commenting! THANK YOU!!💜