6. THE ROGUE & HER COWARD OF A MATE

Start from the beginning

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Jace began losing control of his wolf. I couldn't help the shock that patterned my face at the sight. I had never seen Jace lose control, he was always in his element.

This is unreal.

As unreal as it is Valentina, step in before Jace murders your best friend.

"Jace stop! You let Xavier have me! You practically handed me over on a silver platter and I never want to see you again!" Jace seemed to freeze stuck between stealing me away and locking me up again or doing something much worse.

Obviously he chose the ladder when I felt him grab me and take me deeper into the woods. He pushed me up against a tree; breathing harshly from anger. His wolf was fighting to come out but Jace for some reason wouldn't allow that.

"Have you forgotten Valentina?"he whispered nipping at my neck," you can never be with another man. Because I will always find you and I will make sure my entire being becomes embedded in you as yours has been embedded in mine."

I gasped when I saw his canines enlarge and his eyes become darker.

He was staring at the fading mark on my neck, making me shrink back in fear. After I was taken our connection had been severed, I knew he felt that. And he knew I felt that.

"We aren't mates anymore Jace," I hissed my voice coming out a little shaky as I began backing away from Jace, only to back into another tree.

"I can mark you again," he whispered, his breathing becoming more ragged.

"Not if I have any say in it," I growled grabbing a stick and threatening to hurt him if he came any closer.

"I Valentina, reject you Jace-" my breath caught in my throat as he broke the stick; a murderous glare in his eyes.

He grabbed me by the waist and turned my head so he could stick his canines in. I screamed at the intense amount of pain that swelled up inside of me. Soon Jack was at his side pulling him off of me. As much as I was glad to see Jack again, I really wish it hadn't been under these circumstances.

A part of me was disgusted by Jace as I watched Jack pull him away with the rest of the guards help. Another part of me felt like a piece of me had just been glued back on and now it was being torn off again. I hated him for marking me, but that doesn't mean I will let him know about Jace Jr.

He can fuck with my life all he wants. But Jace Jr. Is mine, he's my child and Jace can't have him.

"So that's why you never told us who he was?"

I felt the hairs on my neck prickle as I shook, my hands frozen in place. I put the folded up shirt in the suitcase and turned around. I loved Blake so much, but it's time me and Jace Jr. leave. Jace won't stop with me and I won't let him control Jace Jr. as well.

"It was never my intention to keep my mate a secret from anyone Blake. You know I love all of you," I blinked surreptitiously searching the room for things I may have missed,"which is why we're leaving."

"You're going with him?" He questioned disbelief coloring his eyes.

"No. But if I don't go with him willingly you idiots will end up having a full out war with his pack. He's not going to stop until he gets me Blake. It's better I leave now so none of you are involved when he does find me. If he does."

Then I smirked, picking up a rock Jace Jr. found in the woods on one of our runs. I placed the small thing inside of a box, which I then relocated to his little suitcase,"I wasn't just named The Rogue for no reason Blake. I'm a pretty damn good at running, hiding and fighting."

"Take me with you Val," I took a seat on the bed, pushing down the part of me that wanted to take Blake with me.

He won't be safe.

"You know I can't."

"I know."

In that moment I felt true sadness, I was truly miserable. Blake is my best friend, I don't want to lose him. He's become like a father to Jace Jr. and I'm going to repay him like this? By fleeing like I always do?

Yes, you are going to flee Valentina. If you don't he will overpower you and take Jace Jr.

He can't have my baby! He can have everything in the world but not my child. He doesn't deserve Jace Jr. And Jace Jr. Doesn't deserve such a coward for a father.

"Say goodbye to everyone for me okay?" Blake nodded as I lunged forward.

He clutched me tightly to him and I felt my body shaking as I sobbed. We both knew this was goodbye, but we knew it was only temporary. Eventually Jace will forget me and I can return to my pack. The Amethyst pack was my family now. Jace and his pack can go to hell, I can't love a coward.

And I definitely can't love a cowards pack. Me and Jace will never work, because I'll never forgive him for giving up. I can't be the Luna of his pack because they're all a bunch of followers. They're obedient little pups who only listen to their coward of an alpha. I won't lead a pack that I don't belong in. I finally found a place I like to call home and he decides nows the right time to come and fuck with my life again?

This time he can go to hell. I'm not giving into temptation once again.