5. COWARD

Valentina
~

"So Hunter," I smirked, licking my lips,"how's the wife?" I asked eyeing the other men at the table.

Hunter was the alpha of this pack and he seemed to have a soft spot for me. So basically I got away with anything. I'd heard he'd lost his little sister years ago to a rogue. She had been kidnapped and he sees her in me, he sees the same innocence she once held.

If only he truly knew.

He hasn't given up finding his little sister though, and those thoughts brought me back to Jace. Why couldn't he be like hunter? Hunter who's sister has been missing for more then 10 years and he has yet to lose hope in finding her. Where as I've been gone for more than a year and Jace gave up months ago.

"You just saw her yesterday," he replied a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Yeah well a lot of things can happen in one night."

"She's fine."

"You're totally not getting this," I placed my head in my hands in exasperation before staring back up at him,"Can I go see her? She's pregnant and I haven't seen her in ages!" I had been attempting to get him to ask me if I wanted to see her, because getting invited felt way better than inviting yourself.

"It was yesterday and not right now. It seems the King Alpha has been searching for his mate for quite some time now and he said when he tried tracking her, he lost her scent near our forest. He's on his way over here, but he needed my permission to search my pack for her."

It felt as if I was suffocating once the words had left his mouth. He's a coward, Jace never searched for me. He probably received word that I was here. He's found me, and knowing him he won't let me escape him again. Not once he has me again.

The room started to spin rapidly as I stood from my chair abruptly. I could hear the worried voices of the other men, but I couldn't bring myself to reply as I felt my body give out. Although my body had given out and everything was now dark, my mind continued working.

My mind continued making me even more anxious and nervous. I needed to get out of here fast.

But where will you go? Think about Jace Jr.

That's exactly who I'm thinking about Iris! Jace will trap both of us and I won't allow it! He can't have my child Iris!

No matter how far you run Valentina, you will always belong to him! Body and soul, because distance doesn't change anything.

He can't have me and my baby Iris. He abandoned me after I was taken away. He fucked this up, not me! I don't give second chances Iris. If I did I'd be screwed over by everyone not that I'm not already...

Either way, you don't have enough time to escape as long as you're in here talking to me.

I'm not doing it on purpose. I passed out Iris.

No you didn't. You have a really bad memory don't you? This happened once before. After your asshole of an alpha from your old pack attacked you. You came to me. You hid with me. To others it does appear as if you have fallen unconscious. But the reality is that when you feel an intense feeling or emotion you are forced here. Because of the fear you feel you were put under my protection, in this corner of your mind.

After Iris confessed this, I began to struggle against the invisible bonds holding me here.

Iris help me.

Stop fearing, just relax and you will awaken.

And I did. I relaxed my body and tamped down my thoughts of running in fear. Even if it was just for a couple seconds, minutes or hours, I was at peace for those few moments.