Chapter Seventeen: Hello, My Old Friend

Start from the beginning

Nikki nodded. "Ah I get it. You and Ian."

I scoffed. "Yeah. He and I just might be broken up. He wouldn't even talk to me today. I told him that I needed space last week, and I just wanted to clear things up with him. His ex was over there. I don't know what's going on with him or us for that matter."

Nikki laughed. "You worry too much, Ry. I don't know about him, but you have a pretty hot ex sitting in the back of your car right now. If Ian is being such a prick, maybe you should just let him go. Be a free bird like me for a while. Relationships suck."

I snorted, nodding my head. They sure do. When we got to Pear Street, Nikki helped me get Jeremy out of the car. He was half-asleep and not helping at all. I was hoping he might have sobered up a bit on the way over. It had been a long drive, and I made several stops for him.

"I have to use the bathroom," Jeremy groaned his eyes flickering open. "I can walk, Ry. I don't need your help."

I rolled my eyes.

"Well have a good night you two," Nikki waved as she crossed over into her yard. "It was nice meeting you, Jeremy."

"Yeah," Jeremy muttered following me inside. I closed the door behind me. I half-expected my mother to be waiting for me, but she wasn't. She probably was already asleep. It was almost two in the morning. I walked into the kitchen to see a note tacked to the fridge.

Staying over John's for the night. Pizza in the fridge. Mom.

So she wasn't home. I opened the fridge, pulling a box of pizza out and placing it on the counter.

"Is that pizza?" Jeremy's voice echoed from behind me. He rushed towards the box, opening it up, and taking a slice out.

"Thank your mom for me," Jeremy said shoving the last bit of it into his mouth. He must have been starving.

"Slow down," I sighed. "I don't want you to get sick."

He ignored him, grabbing two more slices this time. I rolled my eyes, as he grabbed the box and took it upstairs into my room. Of course, he would want more. Jeremy could eat an entire large pizza alone when he was sober. I grabbed a couple of water bottles, and walked up shortly after. When I opened my room door, Jeremy was lying across my bed, as if this was his room.

"Jeremy," I huffed. "Could you at least take your shoes off?"

"Yeah," he said kicking them off onto the ground.

"I'm going to shower," I muttered quickly. "I'll be quick."

He nodded chomping away on his pizza as I left the room. I walked in the bathroom, glancing out the window for a moment. I couldn't get Ian out of my mind. I bet Alan had convinced him to stay the night. They were probably screwing each other right now. I bet he let Alan top him. The more I thought about it, the angrier it made me.

How could he just blow me off like that? For Alan, of all people.

I slid the shower door open, turning the water up all the way. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying not to think about him. But I could feel Ian slowly creeping up on me. I hated that he made me feel like this. It was like I couldn't function without him.

Before I knew it, tears were dripping down my face. Once they started, they wouldn't stop. That argument between us had been so stupid. Why did I walk away from him? Why had I told that I needed space?

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I heard footsteps echo from the door.

"Jeremy," I called out sliding the shower curtain back. I wiped the water off of my face to see him on the toilet.