e i g h t

"They scanned my stomach and do you know what they found on the x-tray?" Chanyeol asked, turning over dramatically with two eyes widened big.

The four of us exchanged looks simultaneouslyㅡ not sure what to reply to his sudden question.

While Irene was giving a defeated smile and resisted the urge to choke Chanyeol to death right on the spot and the other two boys raised brows in unison, I could only see myself having the position to answer whatever was it on his question.

"Gas that fill inside your body and the cause of your stomachache?" I took the courage to speak.

Chanyeol's face lit up upon seeing that I was the only one who was interested into giving him a response. The rest were merely giving a lukewarm attention. Well, I couldn't really blame them since we all had to bear hearing his stories regarding his hospital arrest. He had turned on his happy virus mode since he barely just got discharged fifteen minutes agoㅡ and now forcing all of us to keep him a company strolling around for a while.

"Nice try, Chorong but you are wrong!" He stuck out a tongue. "They only found rainbows inside my tummy."

"Urgh, can somebody kill him already." Irene muttered under her breath. Junmyeon who was sticking close to her right secretly chuckled at her complaint; and I admitted that it was kinda cute to watch from the far. How I wish for Junmyeon to at least snicker at my lame gag for once..

Chanyeol gasped, "You cannot kill me. I've became immortal after meeting the Goddess of Unicorn Clan last night." He sounded like he just came back from Wonderland instead of the hospital with the sudden childish makeup stories.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes in confusion as he began to repeat, "The Goddess of Unicorn Clan?" He finally looked up from his phone and drifted his attention away from his phone. The power of Chanyeol's nonsense blabbering had gained irritation from everyone, it seemed.

"Yeah," Chanyeol nodded with a confident look despite the stares, "She came into my sleep in all white and sharp wand pricking inside my skin."

Uh-oh, I didn't think so. "Isn't that is just the doctor checking up on you and poked a needle for your IV drip?" I was determined to break down his six year old's fantasy although the truth was hurt.

Park Chanyeol looked down at me with a smile, showing that he was unaffected with the truthㅡbut still, his right eye was twitching involuntarily as a proof of my words.

"For the love of God, please give me patience to not be a murderer today." Irene kept on mumbling over and over as her face started to fume in anger. I smirked as I signalled for her to drop the tough act since it was Chanyeol's happy discharged day.

"Never mind that." Chanyeol shook his head, ignoring the murderous intent flaring behind him. "Then what about this? What did they found when they split my stomach apart?"

Irene huffed a breath, "Where?"

Chanyeol looked puzzled with the question, "I told you. My stomach."

"No, I mean" She raised a brow towards the tall guy. "Where's my care?" Chanyeol dramatically gasped as if he was stabbed by million pieces of swords.