chapter 9 - Clap Your Hands if You Believe...

Start from the beginning

From 6.08 "All Dogs Go to Heaven", in Brett's Loft, Ness looked at Catty. "Or are you running from how you really feel?"

 Catty kept her back to Ness, looking slightly surprised and worried, her gaze moving rapidly, trying not to show just how much of a mark Ness' words had hit.

From 6.05 "Live Free or Twihard", in the Vampire warehouse, One Vampire ran toward Catty. Catty swung the machete at his neck, decapitating him, letting the headless body fall. Two others stood in front of Catty, growling, hissing. Catty swung at one, beheading him, spinning around, beheading the other's all in one swift motion, watching the headless bodies fall, backing away.

Ness: (voice over from 6.08 All Dogs Go to Heaven) "You are not okay. You are at a constant, nonstop speed that has you heading straight to your death at the end of the line. You need to stop. Slow down. What you're doing to yourself is going to end up killing you."

From 6.08 "All Dogs Go to Heaven", in Brett's Loft, Catty shook her head, turning to face Ness. "You don't get it, Ness. No one gets it. It's so much more than what any of you think this is about."

"Then what is it about?" Ness asked. Catty couldn't answer, looking away. Ness sighed, walking closer. "Look, you don't even have to say anything if you don't want to. Just take all this in. Let it hurt. Let it out. Let it go. It's going to hurt like hell, probably even more than what you're feeling right now, because you're actually letting yourself feel it. All you have to do is stop running."

Catty didn't answer, lowering her gaze, thinking, taking it seriously.  

From 6.08 "All Dogs Go to Heaven", in the park, Sam and Dean were sitting at the bench.

"You were right," Sam told him.

"About?" Dean asked.

"I'm not your brother," Sam told him. "Like, I don't even really care about you and Catty. Or Ness, Bobby, Cas, Ava. And maybe I should feel guilty. But I don't."

 NOW

§ 

Elwood, Indiana

Day One

Night - Cornfield

(Song:) All That for Me - Chris Jones

A truck was parked in the cornfield. A couple was lying on a blanket in front of the trunk, kissing. A shadow passed over them.

(Song Ends) 

The boy pulled away. "Did you see that?"

"See what?" the girl asked.

"Something's out there," the boy told her, standing, walking away.

"Patrick!" the girl told him.

"Something's out in the corn," Patrick told her.

The girl stood. Patrick looked at the girl. The girl saw a shadow pass behind Patrick through the corn, gasping. Patrick walked toward the corn stalks.

"Patrick, you're freaking me out," the girl told him.

"I'm just having a quick look," Patrick told her, walking into the cornfield, out of view.