"I can't say it's going to be okay, and I can't say that I approve of you having feelings towards Loki, but the heart wants what it wants I guess."

"I wouldn't be to worried, I don't think Loki returns my feelings."

"I don't think Loki has feelings for anyone but himself, why do you say that anyway?"

"We both said some things to each other that were offensive and I wish I never said such things to him."

"It sounds as if to me you weren't the only one in the blame, if anything I'm sure Loki had stirred you."

"Yes, but it was immature of me to act in such a way."

"Well, why don't you head off to your room, you look tired. I'll drop by later and see how you're going okay?" I nodded getting up, he kissed me on the forehead and lead me to the door.

"Promise me you won't say anything? About what I've told you?" I turned to him before I left the lab.

"I promise, Kat, now go, get some rest." I nodded and made my way to my room hoping no one would recognise me. I opened the door and locked it behind me falling onto my bed that felt like a rock compared to the one I slept on in Asgard. As my eyes were about to close I heard a voice that I wasn't too comfortable with hearing right now.

***

I knocked on her door but there was no response.

"Kat, it's me Loki, I've come to apologise."

"She isn't here." I turned around to see a maid sweeping the floors.

"What do you mean?"

"She left in the midst of the night, you upset her a lot."

"She left and you did not inform your King?"

"I thought she could use the space away from you."

"Who are you to decide such things?!"

"She's my niece, King Loki, and I know what's best for her."

"Excuse me? Do not lie to me servant."

"I have no lies, I'm surprised you don't remember when she was a baby. You were there you know? You looked after her, were intrigued by her. You volunteered to watch over her before your father sent her away. I suppose he took those memories away from you." I stared at her starting to recognise her face, she would be by her side whenever I watched over her.

"I thought they were just dreams, I never knew that, she was..." I drifted off remembering Kat as a baby, "Does she know you're her aunt?"

"No, I think it best that now is not the appropriate moment to let her know she has other family." There was silence as I watched her, she stopped sweeping and looked up at me. There was a burn scar on her cheek.

"If you don't mind me asking, but how did you get that scar?"

"I helped my sister give birth to Kat and as you can imagine the flames were quite large."

"Have you ever wondered why she ages so strangely?" Kat's aunt had asked me.

"She comes from Muspelheim."

"Yes, but even those of Muspelheim don't age as irregularly as she does."

"Then why is that she ages strangely?"

"My mother, she went to Earth where she met my sister's father."

"So Kat's mother, your sister, was half human?"

"I know confusing, but I suppose that's how my family is."

"What is your name?"

"Thyran, my King."