We follow, stiff legged and yawning, not exactly the following Wood expected.

We were in the changing room for so long that the sun now completely up, and Ron and Hermione are sitting in the stands to watch us.

"Have you finished yet?" Ron calls out incredulously.
"Haven't even started yet!" Harry calls back, as I stare jealously at the toast and marmalade that they've brought out from the Great Hall.

"Wood's been teaching us new moves!" I add, as I mount my broom and kick off from the ground, the cool morning air waking me up.

Harry, Tay, Fred, George and I begin racing around the pitch at full speed.

Being on a broom again is much not of a wake up then Wood's long talk in the changing rooms.

"What's that funny clicking noise?" Fred asks, as the five of us hurtle around a corner.

I look curiously into the stands to see Colin sitting in one of the highest seats. His camera is raised and he is constantly taking pictures.

"Look this way, Harry and Haylee! This way!" He cries shrilly.
"Who's that?" Fred asks.
"No idea." I lie, speeding up to get away from him.

"What's going on?" Wood then asks, frowning as he skims across the air towards us. "Why's that first year taking pictures? I don't like it. He could be a Slytherin spy, trying to find out about our new training program."

"He's in Gryffindor." Harry says quickly.
"And the Slytherins don't need a spy, Oliver." George speaks up.

"What makes you say that?" Oliver says testily.
"Because they're here in person." George explains, pointing to the ground.

I look down I see several people in green robes walking onto the pitch, broomsticks in their hands.

"I don't believe it!" Wood hisses furiously. "I booked the pitch for today! We'll see about this!"

With that, Wood speeds towards the ground, landing rather harder than intended.
He staggers slightly as he dismounts, and Harry, Fred and George follow him.

"Flint!" Wood bellows as the Slytherin Quidditch captain, as Katie flies over to Tay and I. "This is our practise time! We got up specially! You can clear off now.

Marcus Flint is even larger than Oliver, and he plays dirty in games.

"Come on." Katie mutters, and the three of us join the rest of our team.

There's no girls in the Slytherin Quidditch team, just a group of rather intimidating guys.

"But I've booked the pitch!" Wood spits in rage. "I booked it!"

"Ah," Flint says, "but I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. 'I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin Quidditch team permission to practise today on the Quidditch pitch owing to the need to train their new Seeker'."

"You've got a new Seeker?" Wood questions. "Where?"

From behind six large figures before us comes a seventh, smaller boy, wearing an all too familiar smirk.

Draco Malfoy.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" Fred asks, looking at him with pure distaste.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," Flint says, making the entire Slytherin team smile broadly. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team."

All seven of them hold out their broomsticks;
Seven highly polished, brand new handles and seven sets of fine gold lettering, spelling the words 'Nimbus Two Thousand and One' gleam under our noses.