Chapter Two

• Dedicated to the Bramley Bus

2. Lucien Husk

Lucien looked like an ordinary boy- well, the most handsome ordinary boy you saw anyway. He had dark chocolate brown hair, pale skin and piercing blue eyes. It was his first day at Green Fields High School. I swear almmost every girl fainted when he walked past them.

It was double maths, (kill me now). Sinita and Karen decided that they'd leave me out on our usual desk of three for some other swatty new kid called Susan Yoult (though, Sinita had been asked to look after her for the week- point taken). I was a sorry sight (not that anyone was looking) , all alone, half asleep, Mrs. Butcher droning on about some wierdo called Pythagoras who actually decided working out the sides of triangles was fun. Thanks Py, now i'm stuck doing your stupid theorem for the next.....

Lucien walked in.

"Sorry I'm late Miss."

"No problem Mr..... Husk, we're learning about Pythagoras' Theorem today." Mrs Butcher said in her overly cheery voice. "It seems the only seat left is next to Miss Darenote, please take a seat."

Lucien plonked himself on the chair next to me.

"Hi." He said. "I'm Lucien, and you are...."

"Issy." I replied. Wow. He was actually there, sitting in the chair next to me, talking to me...." Well, strictly Isabelle." I grinned stupidly. Great. Lucien looked at me and laughed.

"You're so cute Isabelle." *OmigoshOmigoshOmigoshOmigoshOmigosh!!!!*

"Is that a compliment?" I asked, nervous. He leaned in, close enough to kiss...

"Of course Issy, you're gorgeous." He whispered.

BRINNNGGGGGGGG!

Saved by the bell. Lucien sauntered out the classroom- he was gorgeous and so irresistable but i had a boyfriend. Matt, my cute little Matt. I loved him, end of....

I hoped Karen and Sinita wouldn't tell him about what just happened. Embarrassed i caught up with Karen.

"Karen Davies, you had better not ever ever tell Matt about....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heya Honey!" Matt said cheerfully. This mornings, ermm...incident replayed in my head as Matt strolled up the Lunch Hall.

"Since when did you start calling me 'honey'?" I replied in one of those being-happy-but-not-really-meaning-it-so-it-comes-out-all-cheesy voices.

"Since now," he replied and sat down opposite me. "Oh, by the way- this is Lucien, he just moved here from...."

"Alabama." Lucien said, winking at me. He sat next to Matt.

"Oh, hey Lucien." I said, trying not to turn tomato... "I noticed you had an accent this erm, morning."

"Oh yes, this morning.." he smiled, Gosh he was incredible.

"Wait a sec, you two already met? So much for introductions." Matt laughed. "So will you be coming to Rugby sign ups tomorrow lunch? Issy, you promised you'd watch!"

"Yes Sir! Honestly Matt, you've only told me a gerzillion times today!"

"Sorry!" Matt grinned. "So are you coming?"

"I think i'd rather watch with Issy this one time." Lucien replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the end of the day and i was walking home with Matt and his new bestie- Lucien. It came to Matt's turning, dammit! Left alone with Lucien, great.

"Issy! Gotta fly, have a good night honey!" Matt said.

"Sure will, dont you worry!" I replied. I think Matt was trying to show off because he pulled me closer, and instead of the usually peck, he kissed me hard and passionately. I was shocked at first, but soon i loved it. Yet i still could help thinking of Lucien...

When I looked back at him his eyes had turned cold.

As we walked Lucien sighed,

"This is my turning Issy."

"OK. Bye!" I said relieved, I don't think I could handle the temptation much more...

He grabbed my hand and turned me to face him.

"I really like you Issy..." My heart melted, but no- i couldn't love him or even like him, Matt is my angel. "We could go out, if you want?" He finished, though he didn't look very hopefull.

"I can't Lucien, how could you? Matt is my boyfriend- you know that and I've only known you a day!" With that I turned and stormed off.

But I couldn't help wondering if i'd said yes.....Lucien Husk, you are a demon.

Thanking y'all for readin'. haha like my accent? nm.

NB. I reckon you've guessed mostly where this story's going? mmm, we'll see! Vote, Comment etc.- Thanks x