Wartime called for strict secret keeping and distrust, but war was ruining everything the Jedi were supposed to be. If they couldn't trust in the Force, then they were nothing. No matter where Luke was really from, the Force had sent him directly to Anakin, in a moment of crisis nonetheless. It wasn't a coincidence. Obi-Wan Kenobi didn't believe in coincidences.

"Well even so, I worry about letting Skywalker have more exposure to the Chancellor. It's just as Master Mundi said, our younger students are losing faith in the Order, turning to radical ideas that go against the Code. I only fear the Chancellor's political ideologies are influencing him more, Starkiller or not," said Mace, his interlocked fingers tightening.

"I agree, but it's our only opportunity to know what the Chancellor's intentions are," Obi-Wan said. "Even if Anakin buys into his politician charm, you should've seen him with Luke earlier. He wouldn't even accept the mission unless he was with him. It's a cornerstone of support that he hasn't had since...since Ahsoka's departure."

Mace released a weighted sigh, cutting his eyes at the memory. "Well that only brings me back to my point of Starkiller's intentions. If the Force deliberately sent him to Anakin, then for what purpose? He's a powerful Force user that, with practice, can hone his skills, but if he was truly important, why send him to us now, so deep into this conflict?"

Yoda held up a clawed hand, maneuvering his hover-chair to whir in front of the two Masters, halting them in their steps as they strode through the hall and towards the landing pad. "Question the Force, we must not. Detached we have become from our own ideologies. Spoke with Starkiller, I have, and question him, I shall not." He leaned further, half out of his chair. "Not always clear, the mystery of the Force is. To challenge its methods, our place it is not."

Obi-Wan and Mace observed their small Master with a deep silence, absorbing his words with dipped heads. Yoda very rarely spoke so clipped and solemn.

Mace recovered first. "I will meditate on the issue, Master. But I still choose to remain cautious."

Yoda hummed, leaning back into his hover-chair with his hands over his lap. "Understand, I do. Wary, too, am I, but still hopeful. Yes, hopeful that soon, this war will end."

A voice interrupted them. "Master Jedi?"

The three of them turned to see a clone pilot approaching them with a low bow, his helmet tucked under his arm, the white duraplast streaked with charred blaster bolts that no quality of scrubbing could remove. "Your transport to Kashyyyk is ready for departure, General, sir." Yoda nodded towards the young man, now in a stiff soldier's salute.

"Speak more later, we will. How Skywalker fares with his new assignment, update me on."

Mace and Obi-Wan nodded, both of them holding their tongues to push their inquiries further on the Grand Master. "May the Force be with You," they said in unison, watching the hover-chair float down the landing bay and up into the awaiting ship.

Once the sound of the engines faded into Coruscant's atmosphere, Mace let out a long sigh and looked over at Obi-Wan with pursed lips. "Are you alright, Obi-Wan?"

Sighing, Obi-Wan let his chin drop down to his chest, his head suddenly heavy. "I'm just worried about Anakin. He's been more troubled than usual and...Force above, I don't know what to do."

"You sound like Qui-Gon, you know."

Obi-Wan's head jerked up, all decorum of the formal Jedi dropped on mention of his old Master. "In what way?"

Mace gave one of his rare smiles, patting the younger man on the shoulder. "You and Skywalker never really severed your Master-Padawan bond when he was Knighted. Now all of his worries become your own and you end up taking on more emotional responsibility than you should."