down the north star

🍃 it was raining a few weeks later and no one was aloud outside. But the rain never stopped me, I loved when it rained, it cheered me up. And today I had a very special visitor, I haven't seem him in over two years and on the greatest day he decided to pay me a visit I wasn't to mad but I wasn't to happy either, he first appeared hanging over my face when I woke up, then he reappeared when I was in the shower.

Next he came during my lunch, I looked up at him wondering why no one ever saw him or if I was just special. Lastly it was almost time to turn off lights and go to sleep. That was when he last decided to visit me, so I was ready, I stayed up till I could no longer keep my eyes open, then I finally drifted into a sleep. I flow me up with a gasp from a nightmare I just had. I was being chased from the shadow the tripped and fell.

Looking at the clock it was only 2:30 I had only been sleeping for one hour. It suddenly dawned on me that there was a light that had eliminated my room completely. I went up and looked out the tiny hole that was considered a window, there shining so bright was the North Star, I couldn't stop looking at it I felt like it was calling to me, it was raining harder than it was all day and somehow I just knew that I had to get to it.

So I put on a heavy coat with nothing but my bra underwear and a very see through nightgown that went just to the top of my knees and wore my Snow White ballet flats. I slipped out the door thank goodness it was the guards night off. And I had managed to climb through the vents to get to the outside. Once I was outside somehow it started to rain harder even more I had to start running, and so I did I ran as fast as my faint little feet could carry me then took a short rest, I was only about 4 minutes away to the cemetery where the star seemed to glow even brighter.

As Soon as I got to the cemetery I stopped and looked around for the faintest of a glow and found nothing I waited about another 5 minutes, I was about to turn back when I felt a shadow run from me I decided to follow the shadow. Somehow I knew that it was the same shadow that had been tormenting me for years the more I ran the harder it rained. But I kept running eventually slipping a few times but I got back up and continued to run. I finally found where the star shines the brightest and stopped for a minute to catch my breath. I sat on a grave for a few minutes unsure of what to do. I looked up at the sky and stared at the star. I felt my whole body start to go limp and knew that I started to float up I was really high up in the air I felt like I was actually going to touch the sky and the moon and the stars I was very close to touching them too when I felt my self rapidly falling down.

I wasn't scared of the falling part. I was scared of how high I was to start falling. The faster I started to fall the more nervous I got. Somehow just somehow I knew I was following the North Star, but I wasn't following the North Star I was going down the North Star🍃