1.

It's 1 p.m. and the bell just rang. I'm walking straight to the cantine and look around to see if I can find my friends somewhere. When I saw a girl waving at me I knew it had to be Jade. I walked over to the table she sat at and went sitting next to her.

"Hey you" I smiled. I wanted to open my mouth and ask where the others were but Jade already started talking.

"There's a new guy." She said with a lot of joy in her voice.

"Really? What's his name? Is he hot?" I asked.

She laughed. "Yes really, his name's Jaden which means our names are practically the same he only has an "n" at the end and I don't, but that doesn't matter and well I won't say hot but he's cute and oh look he's walking right there!" She pointed at a guy who walked in to the cantine and nervously looked around to see if he could sit somewhere.

He sat on an empty table and started grabbing a book out of his bag. I watched him or basically checked him out while he was reading his book. He had dark brown hair and wore simple clothes like a shirt and some baggy jeans. His face was kind of flawless only you could see that he was growing a little mustache which I thought was stupid. I hate mustaches, don't ask why, they're just hairy and I don't know it feels like it would feel weird if you'd kiss someone with a mustache, because you would basically just feel all his hair on your lips and ugh gross.

I looked back at Jade. "He's cute." I said. "We could hang out with him." She looked at him and back at me. "I don't know he doesn't really look like a social guy or our type of guy, but we'll see." I nodded and paid all my attention to my food, school makes me hungry.

"Hey Jade, where are the others?" I asked after I was done with my pizza.

Jade looked at me with a bit of sadness in her eyes. "They're still mad, Alli."

"What? How? Why? Everything was fine last saturday? They said they forgave me?" I asked confused.

"I know, I just, they told me they thought you gave them the alcohol and got them drunk so they would forgive you and well they said that by that you took 'advantage' of them." Jade said quitely.

"That's bullshit! It was a party! They always get drunk why are they suddenly blaming me? This is not fair." I shook my head.

"I don't know" Jade said.

I grabbed my bag and stood up. "I'm sorry, thankyou though, for not ditching on me. You're all I have right now." Jade smiled and I walked out of the cantine.

When I arrived at my locker I saw Jaden standing by his locker which was in the same hall. I decided to walk over to him. "Hey" I said.

He looked up. "Hi" He smiled.

"Allison." He looked down at my hand and shook it. "Jaden."

"Nice to meet you Jaden." I smiled. "Got any friends already on your first day here?"

He shook his headd. "Nope, not really." He laughed.

"Well, now you do." I winked at him and walked back to my locker.

This whole confident thing was new to me, but I liked it.

The bell rang. I closed my locker and was about to walk to my class when I turned around and looked at Jaden. "Got any plans after school?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Wait here for me after school, we'll go get some coffee." I didn't give him a change to say no since I've already turned around and walked to class with a big smile on my face.

The next classes were boring. I just paid attention to the teacher and wrote everything down what they wanted me to write down and waited till it was time.

When the last bell finally rang I grabbed my bag and walked to my locker. I smiled when I saw Jaden already standing there, waiting for me. "Ready to go?" I said. "Yeah, let's get out of here."

After 15 minutes we arrived at my favorite café. I come here a lot to just think and make homework and stuff. It's cute decorated and just a nice place to go to.

I walk in to the café and go sit somewhere in the back with Jaden following me and sitting on the chair oppiste from me. We both order a coffee and when the waitress walks away from my table I start asking question to not make this really awkward.

"So Jaden, where do you come from and what made you come to this beautiful place?"

"Well, I was born in Australia, and uh my mom, she's from London, but she met my dad on a trip to Australia and she fell in love with him so when she got back from her trip she packed her things, went to back Australia and moved in with him and a year later they got married and got me and my little sister, Emily, and about a month ago my dad uh he ran away and left us. So my mom decided to go back to London and that's how I got here." He explained.

"I'm sorry about your dad."

"It's fine he was a douche anyway. Never home, and when he was he was always drunk." Jaden took a sip of his coffee.

He didn't really look like he wanted to talk about it so I decided to not get futher into it.

"Well, I'm glad you're here and you should be too, because you're sitting here with the most amazing girl from the city so don't be sad you now got a really good friendship ahead of you." I smiled.

I kind of regretted everything of what I just said, but because of everything that happened lately I decided to be harsh and confident and not that stupid shyly girl anymore. This was good.

Jaden did got a little smile on his face, but still looked a bit shy.

"Don't be shy, I'm your friend. You make me feel like I'm talking to a stranger." I laughed. He kind of was a stranger, but I wanted him as a friend and I wanted him to see me as a friend too.

"Sorry."

"Okay, you need to loosen up. Why don't you tell me some things about you."

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like, you know. Your age, your favorite colour, things you like, things you don't like, oh and tell me one thing you'd like to change about yourself. And don't look at me like that, I'm just trying to get to know you." I smiled.

"Fine, Okay, uhh I'm 17, my favorite colour is red, I like uh reading, I don't like school obviously or people who act like douchebags and one thing I like to change about myself is hmm I don't know, I think be more confident and uh getting along with girls you know like actually being that guy who girls really like. Ugh this sounds really corny."

I laughed. "No this is good! It's not corny at all. I get it. I think you just need to like not hate yourself so much."

Jaden looked confused.

"Look Jaden, you're not ugly. Not at all. And you don't suck, you're really fun to hang out with actually. You just, like I just said, need to loosen up. To get a girl you need to be social and smile and be confident." I said.

"I'm just going to be honest right now, don't hate me please. But, you just act a bit like you don't care. I mean your face is gorgeous only you dress like you just grabbed something out of your closet and you don't care. Don't think I'm into you right now, I'm just helping. Not that I'm not into you well I'm not but that's not personal you're a good friend I just don't date." What am I doing?

"Okay shit, forget that what I mean is that when you act like you don't care you're going to feel like that. All of those guys who get the girls and who girls like are those guys who dress like they want the girls to like them and they know they're looking good which makes them confident and that makes girls feel some kind of way, I guess. You know what I mean?" I was kind of surprised that all of this came out of my mouth. I've never been like this.

"Can you help me?" He whispered

"What?" help him?

"Can you help me be one of those guys?"

*****************
Omg my first chapter this is so weird, but I hope you guys liked it!!!