Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?

Începe de la început

As usual, everyone else was here already. Chris was pacing the floor in clear frustration, biting his lip and folding his arms across his chest. Grayson was sprawled out across the bigger couch disinterestedly, writing on his shoes with pen, and Elliot was sat at his drum set, tapping a few random beats, his headphones plugged into his ears. Phil wasn't surprised to see his hair was bright purple, even though it had been a deep green just two days ago.

"Glad you decided to grace us with your presence." Chris snapped when he saw Phil, picking up his guitar and slinging it across his shoulder. "Been waiting damn near an hour."

Phil rolled his eyes, heading over to the far corner where his bass was leaning against the wall. He'd forgotten it here yesterday, rushing to leave and go see Dan for the last fifteen minutes he had before his curfew. "Excuse me, your highness."
He sneered. "I already told you I was gonna be a bit late. My whole day doesn't revolve around this, you know."

"Well it should. You know we can't waste any of the time we have right now."

"Oh, shut it you two." Elliot piped up from where he was, pulling the headphones from his ear and scoffing at them. "There's enough drama already without you at each other's throats."

"I call it sexual tension." Grayson said as he joined them, patting Chris on the shoulder.

"Fuck off, Gray." Phil scowled at his amusement. "He's so not my type anyway."

"Alright, enough you fuckers." Elliot yelled. "Let's get this over with."

It was a grueling hour and a half that Phil didn't have the patience to sit through. He was a bit out of it, he'd admit, having so severely missed out on his mini session with Dan earlier. More than once he missed a chord or two, and Chris called him out every time, using a few choice words that didn't hold much threat. Even Gray and Ellie, usually on his side about Chris's quick temper, gave him questioning glances.

"Alright, this whole thing is shit." Chris said eventually. "We're done. Might as well just quit the whole thing."

"Don't be such a pessimist." Ellie said cheerfully, tossing his sticks into the air and catching them. "We still have time."

"Not with Mr. Airhead over here!" Chris exclaimed, pointing at Phil. "There's almost no chance we'll beat those pissheads who think they're better than us."

Phil glanced down at his shoes at the mention of 'pissheads'. There was only one group he could possible be talking about.

"'The Cutting Edge'. What kind of shit name is that?"

"I thought you were mad they thought of it first." Gray said, smiling at Chris's death glare.

"That... is not the point, okay?" He said firmly. "The point is, they're pretentious assholes who think they're better than everyone just because they can play a beat. And we have to prove them wrong."

"Damn straight." Ellie said without looking up from his phone, where he was most likely texting his current girlfriend of the week. "Put them in their place."

Phil slipped the strap of his bass over his head, sliding it into its case gingerly and trying to stay out of the conversation.

"And that stupid PJ." Chris practically snarled, tearing a path across the room now in his heated mood. "Always smirking like he owns the world. Thinks he looks so good in that fucking bandana, the prick."

Phil looked up and caught Grayson's eye, smiling when he mouthed 'sexual tension' behind Chris's back.

"If we're done here." Phil finally jumped in. "I'm gonna go ahead and head out. Important things to do and such." He saluted them before pulling the door open, grabbing the bars of his bike and rolling it to the path. He pulled out his phone at the same time, sending a quick message to Dan.

Phil:
still in hell?

It was only 7:32, he knew Dan was still at his own practice. But only a moment later, his phone chimed and he smiled.

Lover:
suck my ass. peej is on his period or something, can't go two minutes without shouting.

The only reason Dan's name was 'lover' in his phone was so his band mates didn't get suspicious.

Phil climbed onto his bike and began the journey back home, grateful it was a windy night. Their practice space got stuffy after a while.

His phone chimed again and he unlocked it, steadying the bike with his legs.

Lover:
TCE is gonna be the death of me

TCE. The Cutting Edge, Dan's band.

Yes, the same band Chris had been ragging on during practice. That was the predicament about the relationship he had with Dan.

Everyone in Phil's band hated everyone in Dan's band, with such a passion that they couldn't even remember the reason why. Except, when they'd run into each other at some trashy party a year back, and Phil had spilled his disgusting beer all over Dan, he found that the brown eyed boy wasn't resentful in the slightest. So he'd offered to help him clean the mess they'd both made. And they'd made out for almost an hour in the bathroom upstairs.

And now they were dating, unknown to their respective bad members, but they didn't really mind.

Phil:
write a song about it

He got a frown-face emoji in response and smiled, pulling into the driveway of his house as he locked his phone again.

He was tired and frustrated, and more than ready to strip out of his sweaty clothes and go to bed. Tomorrow was Saturday, which thankfully meant no school, but also called for a longer practice session than usual.

But he wouldn't think about that right now.

***

a/n: did someone say new story? Yes. Yes, I think they did.

Yeah okay I'm writing another story. With Demonic nearing a close, I thought it would be time to start another one. And I know I've barely even started Before, and a lot of people are waiting for that to update, but I don't know I that's gonna be anytime soon. Sorry.

I know this is a shitty title, I might change it soon. If you guys have suggestions.

Aaaand I also need help. So this story is gonna really focus on music related stuff, and I'm not any good at songwriting or anything. So, if any of you maybe have some lyrics or poems you wouldn't mind me using in this story, it'd be much appreciated. I'd credit you and all that. Unless you want to remain anonymous. Please and thank you.

And I'm actually excited to write this, and I hope you guys might want to keep reading. I'll see you guys later. Peace :3