Long Holiday

G!P Lauren

Summary: Christmas time in the Jauregui-Cabello household, with blasts from the past and happy times with friends and family.

LONG HOLIDAY

Christmas day was approaching fast and everyone, in the Jauregui-Cabello household, was very excited to spend it with family and friends, along with all the arrangements for the new baby on the way; 6 months had gone and the last trimester was going to be excruciating for the impatient parents, that couldn't wait to welcome the new bundle of joy in their family. Since Clara's visit, Lauren had pushed her family to the back of her mind not wanting to let it ruin her holiday with people that mattered to her and that she could really call 'family' instead of those two strangers, that didn't waste time to send her on her own way without second thoughts.

"Mommy! Lookk!" Harmony was tugging hard at her mother's hand, dragging her from side to side of the mall to stare at the big illuminated windows and be awed by all the Christmas decorations, that never failed to take Lauren's breath away. "Want that!" She pointed to a giant Santa décor in Tiffany's window, that held two perfect diamonds bracelet in his open palms and smiled brightly at the walkers.

"Baby, it's a grown up gift." The black haired woman chuckled at the pout forming on her daughter's face, before lifting her up and holding the brunette against her shoulder, kissing her temple softly. "When you get older, there will be a special someone who can give that to you." She looked down into her bright eyes and nuzzled their noses together, earning a soft giggle from the small girl.

"Can get one for Mama?" Harmony's little fists wrapped around the edges of her mother's scarf, tugging at it before sliding her small palms along her jaw to cup her slightly reddened cheeks. "Mama is old." She nodded confidently and looked back at the bracelets, entranced by the sparkling diamonds that called for her attention.

"Don't let her hear you saying that baby and I am sure Santa already took care of it." The photographer kissed her daughter's forehead softly, letting her down on her feet so they could keep wandering around the mall to buy the last minute things for their house. The older woman started leading them toward the grocery store of the mall, when a familiar guy caught her attention from across the hall and waited for him to get closer too, before greeting him.

"Uncle Connorrrr!" When Harmony's eyes landed on the man approaching them, she set herself free from her loosened mother's grip and skipped the few remaining steps that separated her from the taller man, who had leaned down to scoop her up and embrace her tightly. Her small arms wrapped around his head, holding on the back of his coat collar.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" Connor pulled slightly back to kiss the brunette's forehead and look down in her shining eyes and at her beaming smile, that was definitely contagious. After another soundly kiss on her cheek, he settled her on his shoulders and winked at the black haired woman, who watched the exchange with nothing but amusement.

"Connor you should stop stealing my daughter and make one on your own!" Lauren shook her head smiling and squeezed his forearm, before looking up at the brunette sitting on his broad shoulders. "You are so tall baby, how will you fit in your bed back home?" She faked a big surprise, earning a giggle from the smaller girl who just held on her uncle's hair for support.

"Who knows if we'll be even allowed in stores, right Harm?" The brown haired man looked up at the girl's face, who was slightly bending forward and looked at him upside down. "Wanna some help with grocery's? Troye sent me to buy something for your Christmas dinner while he helped Camila with the new dress he designed for her."

"I am sure they'll be pretty busy till the time we get home and-" The black haired woman's words got caught in her throat as she looked over her best friend's shoulder, tensing and getting upset at the familiar faces walking down the mall hall. "Son of a bitch..." She muttered under her breath, but was heard by both the two brunette who looked puzzled at her.