17|dates

Saturday, November 26th

As soon as his lips touched mine, my body went into shock.

I froze, stunned by the events unfolding.

Why is he kissing me? Does he like me? Is he attracted to me? Is this just because of the moment? Is this some kind of temporary attraction because he opened up to me? How is this happening? What should I do? Do I kiss him back? Push him away? Run?

And then, all at once I was brought back into reality. The storm of thoughts in my head dissipated like clouds clearing after rain, and all I could focus on was his lips.

They held a warmth that thawed my frozen body and within seconds, without another futile thought, my lips fell into sync with his.

It was magic, the way our lips moved against each other.

His mouth was warm, his lips softer than I could have imagined, if I had even imagined it at all.

And even though I couldn't see his beautiful, golden eyes, his lips made up the difference. And even though there were no sparks or fireworks, there was something better. A low warmth that started in my stomach and glided through my chest and up to my neck, then gradually circulated through every limb and every space throughout.

I had been searching for a way to comfort Eli while he poured his emotions out, as words had frequently failed me, and this felt like the solution.

A kiss.

Filled with everything we wanted to say but didn't know how to. A kiss that obliterated rhetorical thoughts and spread a glowing warmth.

Maybe this was the solution. Or maybe it was the opposite.

Our lips soon separated as we both filled our lungs back up with air.

My eyes fluttered open and I was met by his, the same copper hue from before, taking my breath away the same as before.

My lips, still parted, moved to say something, but our close proximity and shock inhibited me from forming any sentences. The dissipation of my thoughts was still happening I guess.

Elijah was the first to speak, his voice slightly breathless yet it held a calm quality about it. "Let me take you on a date."

If the kiss hadn't surprised me, than this definitely had. I knit my eyebrows together in confusion, still struggling to come up with something to say, anything.

"What?" I said, letting out a single breathless laugh, my eyebrows still knit close together.

Eli let out a chuckle similar to mine and he repeated himself, "I'm asking if I can take you on a date Bella."

"But-wha, I don't even, I mean, we just, this is so, I mean how, what?" I said so so so, so confused.

What the hell is even happening right now.

"Bella, say yes." Eli said, his eyes filled with so much emotion as they stared into mine calmly. My eyes, on the other hand, darted swiftly between his, trying to put the puzzle pieces of this situation together.