Pain

I couldn't understand what was wrong with me that instinct, but I felt the urgent need to go throw up. I ran, pushing Carl to the side, making sure not to get him nor the floor dirty.

I hunched over the toilet, raising the lid before spitting out the food that decided to regain up in my stomach. I wasn't pregnant for sure; the way this felt told me It wasn't going to treat me so well.

I closed my eyes, resting my arm on the toilet, then laying my head down and resting for a bit. I felt dizzy in a matter of seconds, but didn't faint thank goodness.

I could feel the presence of another human being there with me, but I was too weak to check who it was and why they were here.

"Everything okay?" it was a male voice, deep and filled with concern. The way the voice projected through the air and into my head was enough for me to figure out who it was.

Carl.

I nodded very weakly, scrunching my eyes from the movement that made me feel weaker every minute ticking by.

His footsteps gave me notice that he was approaching the toilet, silently gagging at my gathering disposal. He reached over, covering his nose and averting his eyes elsewhere but there, making the toilet flush and dispose of my vomit.

"Thank you." I whispered, whipping my mouth with the back of Carl's shirt. It would have to get washed before I handed it back to him for sure.

He knelt down, blocking very little light from my vision and placing his hands on my back for comfort.

"Want help?" he asked, eyeing me up and down, checking for any clues as to what would have happened for me to throw up.

"Nah-" I started, grasping the toilet seat for help. My head ached hard, and my stomach clenched up from violent pain, but I didn't want to worry Carl.

"I-I'm ok." I breathed out, out of breath and finally opening my eyes to meet his for sure scared and confused eyes. He looked around frantically, seeing for anything that could help.

He huffed, picking himself back up, and bending down to retrieve my helpless body. I didn't have the urge to fight, nor the strength for him to put me down. I couldn't possibly carry myself to my room in this condition, and I guessed he realized it as well.

He turned off the light, and he walked me down the hall, and up the stairs.

"I-I need to bru-brush my teeth." I gasped, clenching my stomach in pain once again.

"Hope, I-I think we should tell someone about this. Something bad coul-" I cut him off with a sudden change of anger, which not only surprised him but me in the process.

"No! I'm perfectly fine!" I said through gritted teeth. I clenched my eyes shut, and started to move around in his arms. He finally dropped me, knowing I wouldn't let him carry me anymore.

I feel to the floor first thing, hearing the thud of my body. I had my legs on the side, my arms next to holding me up from the urge to just drop down. I held my head down, not wanting to look up.

"Go." I said sternly. "Go, please." I finally asked, calming down and whispering the last part out of breath. I really hoped he didn't leave, but instead kneel down and tell me he wouldn't, not matter what I said.

He sighed, pacing the floor like he usually did wen he was thinking. I could hear his breathing become more hetic, and his footsteps becoming more developed in sound.

I felt my body being lifted up again, and once again- I didn't have the urge to fight it off. He walked down the hall, turning into my room and inching closer to the bed.

Slowly but surely he set me down, letting me lay there in peace.

I couldn't grasp anything going around at the time, but a pain of shock just ran through my body, causing me to scream and jolt up in the bed.

I let go on the sheets I had grasped on in the process and layer back down. My body was weak right now, but more relaxed and comfortable. I heard Carl's footsteps hit the floorboards layered on the steps, until the last thing I heard was the door slam shut. After that, my eyes took me somewhere else but here.