Tuning it back

•Hope's p.o.v•

"Morgan?" Rick observed. He studied the body carefully, eyeing his way from his dirty shoe, to his bald stubbled head.

I let go of Daryl's arms, the warmth evaporating in the thin air. I gulped, sensing something about to occur in the middle of a frosty chill night.

"I'll be going now.." I started to speak, but let the sentence flow from my mouth to the atmosphere I was huddled in.

Nobody actually took notice to my disappearance in the night sky; only light showing was the fire pit and the stars above. You could hear the distance cries of Deanna from her recent lost of a loved one.

I gathered my crossbow on my aching shoulder, thinking about how I'll be home in less then 15 minutes cuddled up in the warmth I call Carl.

I trudged through the night sky, passing by houses that took cover from a sudden fright appearing today.

I wondered what time it was, and how it has been since me and Rick were fighting off the dead, only to keep us alive.

I sniffled my nose, the cold air rushing through the nostrils only to send shivers down my spine. I let out a muffled cough, covering it up with my cold blooded hands.

I thought about everything that occurred today. Chasing a moron out into the world that was left, coming up to see Gabriel and not being able to understand him.

Being 'Carl's' now, killing walkers in an area that was supposed to be the safe territory. I knew so many people had their hopes up. Trusted what is left of the people & their humanity.

Out of everything occurring, only two things passed in my mind; the thoughts forever lingering in my curious brain.

Why did Gabriel leave the door open? I thought hard. Was it because he was jealous of Rick ? I got that conclusion from the fact that he called Rick the " Angel of Light "I which i had no idea if it was good or bad. Gabriel did nothing but make the group wonder about him,, deciding wether or not to keep him.

He called out my group without hesitation, and put then on the spot. If it was us he wanted gone, then why did that result in leaving the door open for the community to be attacked? I was only left clueless.

Next, was Carl. The break up with Ron, was something not long before me and Carl went out. I didn't know what I was thinking. When I said yes to Carl. I guess I just needed someone to keep me alive and going from each day on out.

To let me know something was worth living for. Believe me when I say I do like Carl,
I just don't know if I'm ready for a step ahead. I was lost that day, and more then anything hurt. Not that I still aren't, because it only hits me harder each day.

Did I really want Carl? Was my 'relationship' with Ron even real? I needed someone to talk to, but most of my group was at the meeting. I wanted to talk to Sophia. Nevaeh. Jay, even. Someone that had experiences, before anything turned out the way it is now.

I couldn't concentrate with my mind jumping from question to conclusion to suspense. I closed my eyes, rubbing my temples with the end of my index fingers trying to message my brain muscles.

I made my way up the steps of the house, stopping halfway on the boarded up wood that created the porch. I looked to the side, expecting to see Daryl & Jay talking. But I saw nothing. Empty like my heart & brain was.

"Hey hey, why you looking sad for?"

I froze. That voice only sounded and belonged to one person. But it couldn't be. He was gone. He was chewed alive and there was no evidence to prove he was still breathing the way we were.