------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next Morning*

I enter the pin to get into my office and I see Eric and Andrew passed out on the conference table. On my desk I see a muffin and a cup of coffee.

"They worked really hard for that muffin" a voice says and I jump and scream to see that its only Jimmy

"Work hard for a muffin?" I ask punching his arm

"Well they could've came to me to get their kick start money and just go buy one, but, they just asked me where the kitchen was and I pointed them the way. 5 fire alarms and a fire estinguisher later your blueberry muffin is done. Slightly over cooked but done." he smiles walking over to eric and Andrew. He uses a newspaper tto smack the back of their heads."wake up your boss is here".

"Fuck off" Eric says looking up then he sees me, "Except you Carter." he quickly says. I roll my eyes at him letting him know that I still hate him. "Andrew wake the fuck up." Eric says smacking Andrew in the back of the head.

"FUCK O-ah caw caw" We all stare at Andrew. "That's the sound a bird makes...So carter, Looking as beautiful as ever," He smiles

"Kiss up" Eric mumbles

"Suck a dick," Andrew says back

"Guys guys guys your BOSS is here" Jimmy says trying to setle them down and they do.

"I want to go home." I say sitting down rubbing my temples.

"Car, you've only been here not even a week. Give it time." Jimmy says

"I don't want to get used to anything. I want to leave." I say

"No you don't." he rebuts

"Why the hell don't I?"

"Youll lose your memories, that's why. That's selfish and wrong. You cant let the memories of your friends go." He says

"I want to go home." I say louder and sterner. At this point my head is buried in my arms. I don't belong here. I don't want to adjust. I want my boring life back. I wanna forget, sometims holding on hurts more than letting go. this is one of those situations. I cant look at eric and not see the faces of the ones ive lost. Then, Blackness.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Why the fuck did you knock her out?" I yell at Jimmy grabbing his collar.

"Im doing my job. She wants to go back, so im letting her." he says

"Youre going to kill her?!"

"No im not you, I don't face my problems with murder. If a citizen asues that theyd rather have their memories removed than be here then im obligated to help. You two will help me take her to the executive wing, I will erase her memories, then we will send her to our insiders inside the compound where we will give her new memories and she will live her life."

"You cant do that! She- She hasn't had enough time to think! You have to let her stay, stay until she can make a real decision."

"She made her decision. You love her, I know you do, All of you dauntless do. You lot care for her. Would you rather her stay here on the edge of suicide and suffering or let her have a chance at a normal happy life.?"

We stay silent.

"That's what I thought. Andrew carry her..lets get this over with. "

-----

Were in a white room, its similar to the serum rooms back at dauntless.

"Shouldn't we get Four, Thomas and Harry here too?" Andrew asks. "Theyre just as close to her as we are, Four more than anybody."

"We cant..We were the onl ones to bear witness to her decision. Were the only ones allowed here." Jimmy says putting something into a syringe and he pokes it into Carters neck. I cant help but feel tears prick my eyes. I kiss her forehead for maybe the last time,

"I will now inject the serum."Jimmy says pained. As he injects her I see Carters eyes flutter open and make conact with mine. A single tear falls out of her eye as her pupils go white and she fades back into darkness. "Now the serum is seeping its way into her brain and putting anesthetic into her. In 30 Seconds she will be gone.." JImmy says sadly. I cant help but cry. I let the tears stream down my face and I lose it. My Carter is gone. Andrew lost it too. I see him sitting in the corner crying into his arms. Jimmy brushes Carters hair out of her face and plants a kiss on her forehead.

"Carter...carter....carter..." I say, everytime more painful. I see her beautiful brown eyes one last time before they go white and close.  "Now what? We send her away and pretend she never existed?"

"Yeah..She will be dropped off where our spies will watch her sleep waves to determine where she belongs. Shell get new memories and live out her life. Pain and no baggage.." Jimmy says

"But pain and baggage is what made Carter. Her suffering though her life is what made her her, it made her fucking amazing." Andrew steps up

"It was her choice and you two need to learn to respect that. If this is what makes her happy so be it." JImmy says. "This is the last time I will ever talk about this." He says then he walks out.

"Good bye Carter." Andrew says kissing her forehead then leaving as well. The doors shut and its just me and her. Or whats left of her. She lays there pale. This feels like death, Shes gone. Her heart is still beating but I know I will never see her again. She wont know who I am, she will start her new life over again. There will be new friends, friends that care for her. And there will be one lucky man that gets to marry her in the end. My heart aches knowing that it wont be me. Good bye Carter. I loved you.