I want you

"But I just want to know what are we?" I asked nervously. I looked at him, I could tell I startled him with this question. His body language read that he was uncomfortable, and I'll admit I was a little uncomfortable too, but I had to know . 

 He placed his hand on top of his head and began to rub it, searching for his answer."We koo, I like what we got going on, we kicking it," he said, he sounded a bit too comfortable with the idea.

 "Kicking it?" I chuckled, trying not to sound offended.  "That sounds like fuck buddies to me. Is that what this is? " I asked, obviously expecting a different answer, but I don't know why...

He shook his head."Nah that aint what I'm saying , but I mean I really don't know what else to call it or this," he said indecisive. "There's no clear title." He had a point, but I still felt some type of way

"Well whatever you want to call it, I want more than that, this isn't enough for me Larenz," I said, disappointed at the fact that I had let this go onto long . He looked at me as if he was appalled. 

"Woa.. are you starting to get attached?" he asked with a grin on his face. "Cause I thought we was just having a good time," he said under a light chuckle, it seemed like it was a joke to him. I sat straight up from my pillow. 

"What makes you think that I'm attached? To you??? " I questioned him.

"The way you just reacted says it all..and you aint gotta say it like that. "

"Look, I'm not getting attached. I just want more than sex from my neighbor. I'm looking for something real, not a booty call."

" It's not a booty call though," he said.

"Then what is it? We barely know anything about each other, what's my favorite color, what's my favorite meal?" I asked. He scrunched up his face, trying to search for an answer.

"Uuh..." he rubbed his chin. "Yea we never discussed that I guess."

"Exactly. We don't know much about each other but our door numbers, and the color of each others bed spread."

"Yea I guess we don't," he said, it seemed like it was starting to sink in a bit.

"Yea this is totally out of my character, " I shook my head. "I didn't intend to jump in bed with you, not under these circumstances."

"So you think I think less of you because of it?" he questioned like he cared about my feelings.

I shrugged. "I don't know what you think," I shook my head. "All I know is I'm looking for someone to build something with..someone I can go to bed with and wake up in the morning to, someone to rub my feet when Iv'e had a long day at work, someone I can cook for. You get where I'm coming from?" I asked. I wasn't trying to scare him, but I needed to be crystal clear about my wishes.

"Yea I do, you looking for that somebody."

"Yea..exactly. I'm at that point in my life where I want something serious, I'm too grown for games, you know?" I asked making sure he was still following. He nodded.

"Yea I get it," he spoke. I nodded then looked away for a second, I started to stare at the wall.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yea," I nodded. "Just thinking." He nodded. "Larenz," I called out softly.

"Yea," he spoke, I could feel him looking at me.

"Um," I chuckled. "I don't know why its hard for me to get it out," I spoke shyly. He grinned.

"Just say it," he encouraged a shy me.