Chapter Fourteen

Jack could not open his right eye because it was swollen shut, however he could open his left eye and when he did he saw Jeremiah's silhouette standing by the window with his arms folded, staring at him. The sun was shining brightly behind him and even though he could not see his face he could tell it was him by the way his hair was sticking up at the back.

"Are you thirsty," a soft female voice said and Jack immediately sensed she was human.

She smiled as she stood in front of him holding a glass of water. She was young, she was attractive and she looked around eighteen years old. They were obviously feeding from her as her skin was peppered with bite marks that she did not even try to hide.

"I told you to stay out of sight and not to talk to him."

"But he has been here for hours he must be thirsty and his eye looks sore I should bathe it.

"He is not in flaming hospital, you were only supposed to chain him and then leave."

Jack now realised why he felt so weak. His wrists, which were tied behind him, were bound with silver chains causing a painful burning sensation. He was sitting on a chair with his ankles chained to the chair's legs, he guessed also with silver as they were also throbbing.

"What did he do to make you so angry?"

Jeremiah snarled.

"He looks in pain Jez."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I am a Christian and I don't like to see people being hurt. This is wrong Jeremiah."

Jeremiah laughed out loud.

"Listen to yourself! You are in love with a vampire; a being that drinks blood, a being that kills humans for their blood. A vampire who you let drink from you on a regular basis and I know you also share his bed, what would your God say about that? I can't see a ring on your finger, wait can a vampire even marry a Christian, if you can still call yourself that. I would love to see the look on the priests face when he saw the dates on Isaac's birth certificate and the menu for the reception dinner because I am pretty sure that chicken and vegetables would not go down well with our family, unless you intend to put yours on it that is. Oh wait you can't can you, they are all dead."

Suzie had been orphaned at the age of fourteen when her parents and her two brothers were killed in a freak accident. Suzie would have been too only she stayed at her friends as she had final exams the next week. As her parents were both only children she had no-one to take her in and so she was put into care. She was not long before the company she now worked for approached her.

'Dóti̱s supply', they named themselves which literally translates as 'Donor Supply.' The company always targeted those in dire situations, those without hope and those that were desperately seeking a way out of their current situation.

They offered Suzie security, shelter, food and clothing if she agreed to work for them.

"What do I have to do?"

"You have to please our clients; they have a certain tastes, certain needs." The well groomed woman that was stood in front of her informed her.

Susie's mouth fell wide open, first in disbelief and then shock when the woman explained what was expected of her.

She had to willing let vampires feed from her.

"Vampires do not exist," she had snorted at the woman but she soon changed her opinion when the woman morphed into her vampire form right in front of her.

Suzie's hand immediately flew to the sliver cross on the chain around her neck and she took several steps backwards. However the woman was immediately upon her, "don't be afraid, the vampires that use our services know the rules and you will not be in any danger. The vampire population is increasing and unfortunately so is human technology. My clients prefer a more civilised feed, they do not want to be scouring the streets like common rats looking for food. They want to take their time and they want to savour it."