Part 22 - Staying Calm

Octavia POV

I can't believe Clarkes mom just said that especially knowing how close Clarke and Lexa are getting. I look at Clarke and I can see the rage in her eyes. This is going to get ugly real fast. "And why not?" Clarke says surprisingly calmly.

"Well, they are savages. The only thing they care about is surviving. And I don't trust Lexa." Abby says. Clarke just looks at her mom with her breath visibly increasing. "I know you two have a thing, but I will not allow you to go out with a Grounder. I can tell she cares about you but that will change, and she will make you one of them." Abby says. What about me? I think to myself. I'm dating Lincoln and she sees nothing wrong with that.

I can see Clarke clinching her teeth and her hand is around the neck of her sword. "You don't trust the grounders because of how they live?" Clarke asks.

"Yes, they have been on this ground for how long and they think they run it."

"I am a Grounder!" Clarke yells. "I would be dead if it wasn't for Lexa and her people. I came back to lead the 100, not the ark. You can lead the stuck up know it all's of the Ark, but they will soon realize that you only care about yourself. You are the reason dad is gone. You are the reason..." I have to stop this before Clarke loses it. I step in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Clarke, Calm down." I say as I push her towards the door. I look back at Abby and just shake my head showing my disapproval. I really thought Abby was better than this.

Clarke and I are walking down the hallway with one hand on her shoulder to calm her down. We walk to her room and I close the door. "Clarke, she's just worried about you." I say calmly. She looks me in the eyes and the rage is still there.

"Don't tell me you agree with her!" She yells at me.

"No, I don't Clarke, but she is your mother and the only thing she is trying to do is make sure you stay with her and not the grounders. She doesn't want to lose you." I tell her and she turns around.

"She already lost me. I am a grounder!" She yells punching the wall. I hear a crack and see her holding her wrist.

I walk over to her and put a hand on her back. She tries to shake it off, but I force her to sit down. She's breathing heavy and holding her left hand. I grab her wrist and she winces. "Clarke, it's ok. Just slow your breathing and try to calm down." I tell her almost in a whisper.

"I just can't believe she said that." She tells me as she closes her eyes trying to control her breathing. She opens her eyes a few seconds later and looks at her hand. "I think I broke it." She says looking at me. I smile slightly.

"What do you need? I'll go back to medical and get it, so you don't have to." I say to her and she smiles, telling me what to get from medical.

Thankfully, Abby wasn't there when I enter medical. I quickly grabbed the supplies but when I turned to leave, Abby entered. "Hey, why do you need that?" She asked me. I tried to think of something to say.

"Um, a guard injured his hand. I need to get this to him." I say pushing my way through her. I was on my way back to Clarkes room when Bellamy stopped me. Ugh, I just need to get back to Clarke.

"Hey O, What's that for?" I just shook my head.

"I'll tell you later." I say and he follows me. "No, Bellamy I said I'll tell you later." And with that, he stopped following me. I finally got to Clarke's room and she had her eyes closed. I walked in and she jumped.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." She nods at me and grabs the supplies. "Clarke, let me do it. It'll be hard with one hand." I tell her and she sighs but nods. I carefully grab her hand and wrap it. When I'm done, she looks at it and smiles.

"Thank you, Octavia." She says looking at me.

"Yeah, no problem."

"Not just for this, for everything." She says and I pull her into a hug.

"Where did Lexa go away?" I ask her.

"She had to get back to the rest of her people."

"Did I make her leave?" I ask feeling guilty but Clarke smiles.

"No, it wasn't you. We are going to meet somewhere in two days at midnight." She tells me. A smile grows on my face.

"And what will you two do? Talk, Maybe more?" I tease. We both laugh and Bellamy walks in.

"Hey, Octavia what was..." He stops talking looking at Clarke's hand. "Clarke, what happened?" I know she didn't want to talk about it, so I told him, and we just sat there trying to get Clarke's mind off it.